Clinic by the Bay
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Healthcare
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94112
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
To understand and serve, with dignity and respect, the health and wellness needs of the medically underserved in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Additionally, we provide meaningful opportunities for volunteerism and civic engagement to provide a caring medical home to our working uninsured neighbors.
Clinic by the Bay (www.clinicbythebay.org) is a free, volunteer-powered health care clinic in San Francisco. Located in the Excelsior neighborhood, the clinic is based on the successful national model, Volunteers in Medicine (www.volunteersinmedicine.org), that engages retired and practicing doctors, nurses and non-medical volunteers to provide compassionate care, free-of-charge, to the working uninsured. Our mission is to understand and serve, with dignity and respect, the health and wellness needs of the medically underserved in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We seek a NP or RN with primary care and administrative experience, as well as Spanish speaking skills, to oversee clinic operations and growth. The Clinic Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for working in partnership with the Medical Director to insure comprehensive, high quality care; overseeing on-going clinic operations including: timely and efficient clinic flow, supervision and support of volunteer nurses, medical assistants and interpreters, coordination of care with providers; overseeing case management and coordination of referrals; overseeing and implementing health education programming; and maintaining equipment & supplies inventory including over-the-counter dispensary. Current medical visit hours: Tuesdays from 12 – 8 p.m., Thursdays from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in partnership with Medical Director, Executive Director, Volunteer & Dental Program Manager and Office Manager to insure comprehensive, high quality care for clinic patients, maximizing use of volunteers to provide care.
• Lead and oversee clinic operations, in collaboration with Volunteer & Dental Program Manager & Office Manager, including, but not limited to: volunteer staffing, scheduling, patient flow, clinic set up, patient follow-up coordination.
• Oversee orientation & training, supervision, evaluation, coaching and dismissal of volunteer workforce (nurses, clinical case managers, prescription assistance, health educators, medical interpreters) according to policies and procedures.
• Work closely with Medical Director, Executive Director, Volunteer & Dental Program Manager and Office Manager to improve and expand services.
• Oversee development and implementation of health education programming – maximizing use of volunteers.
• Oversee quality improvement: encourage standard processes for work areas, implement controls to assist volunteers with flow, implement and document quality improvement and assurance activities.
• Ensure clinic has all necessary medical supplies and equipment; manage supply inventory. Serve as a liaison to providers in terms of equipment and supplies needed.
• Oversee coordination with DPH for Hepatitis A, B, flu vaccines and PPD serum.
• Ensure clinical procedures follow all state and federal, local, OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory guidelines, including Clinic by the Bay policies, and sees that staff and volunteers are trained in all proper procedures.
• Work with clinical support staff to schedule imaging, diagnostic, specialty and surgical referrals; monitor patient follow-up of all referrals, maximizing use of volunteers.
• In partnership with Office Manager, implement patient “no show” policy.
• Work closely with Medical Director to insure continuity of care for all referrals and follow-up.
• Current California license as Nurse Practitioner (furnishing license not required) or Registered Nurse.
• Demonstrated experience in a primary care setting.
• 2+ years of administration, supervision and leadership experience.
• Genuine passion in caring for the underserved; commitment to the mission and values of Clinic by the Bay.
• Highly organized and ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks efficiently.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with paid staff and volunteers.
• Ability to effectively supervise and coach medical and non-medical volunteers.
• Experience in development of educational and training programs.
• Computer skills and familiarity with Electronic Health Records systems.
• Spanish speaking skills a must; bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
Full medical, dental, vision, 403b, generous PTO, after one year employment increased holiday and bonus opportunities.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please submit resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference the job title and Bridgespan.org when applying for a job in addition to following all application instructions in the posting.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert