Director of Marketing & Public Awareness
Mass Mentoring Partnership
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
Postal code: 02111
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to expand quality mentoring for youth to meet the needs of communities across Massachusetts. MMP serves more than 200 mentoring programs statewide supporting 30,000 youth in mentoring relationships. We work with mentoring programs to assess programmatic needs and organizational capacity, as well as to provide customized strategies that empower youth, families, and communities.
Headquartered in Boston, Mass Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is fueling the movement to expand quality mentoring for youth to meet the needs of communities across Massachusetts. MMP provides services to more than 200 mentoring programs statewide supporting 30,000 youth in mentoring relationships. We work with mentoring programs to assess programmatic needs and organizational capacity, as well as to provide customized strategies that empower youth, families, and communities. MMP is a small staff working in a high leverage environment, mobilizing resources on behalf of the mentoring movement. Our environment is fast-paced, responsive to innovation, and committed to organizational learning. MMP offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits within the non-profit sector.
The Director of Marketing & Public Awareness leads the analysis, planning, and implementation of Mass Mentoring’s marketing, communications and branding efforts. This position includes the dual role of marketing the services, resources, and achievements of Mass Mentoring and marketing the impact, importance and role of mentoring in our communities. Under the direct management of the President & CEO, the Director is responsible for development and execution of a marketing strategy and annual marketing plan that will support achievement of MMP's strategic goals. In the early fall, MMP will complete a strategic vision planning initiative that will set some new direction for the organization, and the Director of Marketing will play a leadership role in moving it forward into implementation. Working in partnership with the Management Team, the Director leads efforts to raise the profile of mentoring and position MMP as a key player in youth development and the youth mentoring movement. MMP seeks to strengthen its efforts in cross-cultural communication and marketing and looks to the Director to provide leadership in this area. In partnership with the CEO, the Director will also serve as a key external representative of MMP at stakeholder meetings, public events, media appearances and in all settings where MMP and mentoring visibility is needed. The Director of Marketing & Partnerships assures that MMP's messaging, brand, and reputation is expressed consistently and effectively to our stakeholders in pursuit of MMP's overall strategy and annual goals.
Marketing Strategy and Implementation
• Develop and sustain organization-wide marketing strategy to advance MMP’s goals and objectives in its new strategic vision and work with the Manager of Communications to implement the strategy to support annual strategic objectives in all areas including fundraising, program services, and advocacy and field resources.
• Develop and manage co-branding and cause marketing opportunities with key partners to raise the profile of youth mentoring across the state and the impact of developmental youth/adult relationships. Strengthen current and develop new strategies and initiatives to grow this area of work.
• In collaboration with the Director of Development & Partnerships, develop a comprehensive strategy to communicate with and steward current donors and attract new donors.
• Align MMP’s efforts in social media within the overall marketing strategy and integrate all social media strategies to create a cohesive effort moving forward. Provide oversight of its implementation in support of MMP’s strategic goals.
• In partnership with the Manager of Communications, manage collaborations with key stakeholders in the area of marketing and communications, including a yearly work plan with pro-bono public relations and creative consultants that provide collateral design and creation.
• Develop new pro-bono relationship with cross-cultural marketing and branding consultant or firm to support inclusion and diversity efforts to meet strategic goals.
• Manage current and develop new relationships with corporate and philanthropic partners providing donated admissions, tickets, and resources (match activities) that MMP distributes to mentoring programs to help to raise the profile of mentoring and support youth-adult relationships. Partner with staff to implement these opportunities with mentoring programs across the state.
• Manage marketing department budget including development, monitoring, and prioritizing financial resources.
• Supervise the Manager of Communications, the Marketing and Match Activities Associate, and all work plans for communication and marketing strategies agency-wide.
• Serve as a member of Management Team and collaborate with other members to provide oversight and strategy for the organization as a whole
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in communications and marketing and/or public relations;
• Demonstrated experience in leadership positions, including management, and strategic planning and implementation;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience in public speaking and media relations;
• Experience in relationship and partnership management;
• Experience with social media strategies and platforms preferred;
• Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment including budget and staff management experience;
• Experience working effectively with diverse communities in outreach campaigns and partnership development with emphasis in communities of color preferred;
• Working knowledge of the youth development or youth mentoring field preferred;
• Self directed, able to work independently and function effectively in an entrepreneurial environment;
• Willingness to travel statewide as necessary;
• Commitment to MMP’s mission and the impact of mentoring.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and salary requirement, both in Word format, to Marty Martinez, President & CEO at email@example.com subject line “Director of Marketing and Public Awareness.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Reference the job title and Bridgespan.org when applying for a job in addition to following all application instructions in the posting.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert