Network Innovations Program Manager
Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 94612
Country: United States
The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) influences policy, mobilizes communities, and strengthens programs and organizations to improve the health of Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AA and NHPI) populations. Our values are respect, fairness, equity, and health justice for all. Founded in 1986, we advocate on issues critical to the health and well-being of our diverse and vibrant communities. We approach our work with the philosophy of coalition-building and developing capacity both for AAs and NHPIs and in partnership with diverse racial/ethnic communities. APIAHF is based in Oakland and has an office in Washington, DC, which focuses on policy and communications.
APIAHF seeks a strategic, innovative and collaborative Network Innovations Manager to join the Policy Advocacy and Network Development (PND) team to cultivate creative partnerships with local communities and jointly design, implement and win on local and national issues that make local communities healthy. The Network Innovations Manager is also responsible for documenting the wins through both written and other mediums (such as photography, film, or storytelling) and using the achievements and wins of these strategies to 1) show the collective impact of this work, aggregated across the country and the Pacific, 2) create cross-network learning opportunities, and 3) drive funding and resources to support future work. The ideal candidate is someone who has a vision and strong desire to build AA and NHPI power, and share APIAHF’s commitment to building and mobilizing a national network for health justice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with PND team on innovating. This includes testing new approaches, new products and new services to building a national AA and NHPI network- focused on building power and winning on issues.
• Responsible for a work portfolio that spans incubating ideas for the innovation pipeline to existing programs that involve multiple states and partners.
- Manage day-to-day program logistics and administrative support.
- Provide resources, tools and training opportunities to local partners on topics that include policy advocacy, strategic communications, coalition building, etc.
- Work with local partners to build new and strengthen existing partnerships in order to leverage resources, complement existing initiatives, and ensure program success and sustainability.
- Amplifying wins and bringing those wins to other communities.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with local community organizations, advocates, and service providers in the AA and NHPI and other communities of color spaces to advance local and national policy advocacy campaigns.
• Work with Communications Specialist to mobilize communities for action through APIAHF’s digital media platforms. This includes but not limited to material development, production, coordination and tracking.
• Ensure data gathering and flow of information from programs and prepare written reports, meeting summaries, and related materials as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least five years of experience with increasing responsibility in public health, community organizing, or related fields.
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience designing, implementing and managing projects focused on high-impact population-wide strategies and/or policy advocacy campaigns.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience working with communities of color in health, policy, health care, or other areas of disparities.
- Experience leading community coalitions, mobilizing large numbers of people or organizations into action, and building community leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluating programmatic efforts.
- Organizing experience at grassroots levels, utilizing a campaign framework preferred.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of communities both locally and nationally, as well as the implications of national and local politics on AA and NHPI communities.
- Knowledge of health policy, community organizing, campaign design and strategy, civic engagement campaigns and community empowerment frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with local community leaders, volunteers, and supporters of culturally diverse community-based organizations and coalitions.
- Ability to manage funded programs with large, complex projects and initiatives
- Adaptive, ability to shift tactics quickly to achieve primary goals, as the external conditions require.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in team environment.
- Public speaking, facilitation, technical assistance, training, and writing skills.
- Master’s degree or seven years of equivalent experience, managing in a community organization and/or designing and implementing campaigns.
- Experience in building community coalitions which engage in collective action.
- Working knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, SalsaLabs, and Salesforce.
- Policy advocacy background preferred.
- Health field expertise and knowledge preferred.
- Bilingual/bi-literate in an Asian or Pacific Island language.
General APIAHF Roles:
· Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among clients and staff.
· Enforces policies and procedures, including maintenance of confidentiality, to ensure that the principles of APIAHF are implemented.
· Accountable for participation in decision making processes and understanding the outcomes.
· Understands the values and principles of APIAHF and applies them in work responsibilities.
· Participates in other activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees as requested.
Mental and Physical Demands:
· Pace of work is fast.
· Standing time required is (10%) including walking.
· High level of concentration and attention to detail required.
· Time speaking and listening: (40%)
· Environmental and health hazards
· Ability to travel by plane regularly.
· Ability to drive.
· Decision making impact: High
· License or credentials: Bachelor’s degree
· Ability to drive, current license
· Other certificates or licensing requirements: None
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please use the Subject Line: “Program Manager Search” and submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and specify where you heard about this posting to [email protected] or via fax: 510-419-0263.
Application Deadline: Position will be open until filled.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert