Vice President of Finance & Operations
Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Healthcare
City: New York
Postal code: 10006
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The mission of the Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS) is to ensure that all New Yorkers, including those who are medically underserved, have continuous access to high quality community-based health care services including a primary care home. To do this, CHCANYS serves as the voice of community health centers as leading providers of primary health care in New York State. CHCANYS is a dynamic, team-oriented, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that advocates on behalf of and provides technical assistance to federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) throughout New York State.
CHCANYS is seeking a Vice President of Finance & Operations to join its Senior Team. The VP of Finance & Operations will be responsible for the oversight and management of all of CHCANYS’ infrastructure functions and services, including: accounting; budgeting and finance; information systems and technology; human resources; and general operations. The VP of Finance & Operations will direct and manage all financial management activities and provide counsel and advice to executives and the Board primarily on all financial matters as well as Human Resources and other administrative issues as required. This position will analyze and adapt policies and procedures to most effectively make use of organizational resources to further the CHCANYS’s mission. Critical to success, this person will thrive in a cross-departmental organization, working along side a dynamic team of program leaders, managers and staff that values high quality work and continuous learning. This position will work at both a strategic and operational/tactical level and manage a team of five professionals. The VP of Finance & Operations reports directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer of CHCANYS.
- Serve as the finance resource for the organization, providing leadership and direction to the Finance Department with close oversight of the organization’s financial position and potential gaps in revenues and expenses.
- Develop, oversee and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies and procedures, and internal controls, and then adapting as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices in the sector.
- Oversee the budgeting and reporting structure for the organization, including:
o Planning and preparation of an annual operating budget and narrative to include grant/contract specific budgets and in partnership with program leaders.
o Assessing and regularly present organizational financial position to Senior Team; preparing other financial reports as requested by CEO and/or Senior Team.
o Preparing monthly financial reports and present to the Board of Directors Finance Committee.
o Coordination and oversight all aspects of CHCANYS’ external audits and 990 filings.
o Oversight and ensuring accuracy in all financial reporting to funders.
- Develop the financial strategy for CHCANYS that will ensure the continued financial stability of the organization.
- Work with the Corporate Compliance Officer and Senior Team to ensure consistent implementation of and compliance with contract requirements and organizational policies and procedures across all divisions of CHCANYS. Monitor lobbying expenses and ensure compliance with all rules and regulations (New York City, state and federal).
- Oversee CHCANYS’ Information Systems and Technology, including:
o Assessment and implementation of technology needs and management of IT consultants.
o Development, implementation and maintenance of CHCANYS’ customer relationship management system (CRM-Salesforce) and supervision of the Information Systems Manager.
- Oversee CHCANYS’ Administrative functions and ensure administrative support needs are being met, including:
- o Supervise the Operations Manager, including oversight of office administration, operations and facilities planning and management for NYC and Albany offices.
- o Supervise HR consultant and oversee HR-related functions, programs and initiatives.
- o Lead the assessment, selection and implementation of employee benefits, including annual review of 401k and the health and welfare plans.
- Lead strategic planning, and related goals, outcomes and activities related to CHCANYS’ infrastructure functions/services in coordination with all CHCANYS’ departments.
- Serve on CHCANYS’ Leadership Team to develop and realize organizational goals, as well as, participate in the development and implementation of all management policies and decisions in coordination with Leadership Team.
- At least five years experience in nonprofit accounting and financial management with complex funding and reporting requirements at a senior professional level. Experience in government (federal and state) grants accounting and contracts management
- Extensive experience with nonprofit Board relations and report presentation
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and procedures, business and administrative practices, and non-profits
- Staff management and supervisory experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Fund EZ or similar accounting software and all software in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a heavy workload. A hands-on management style and the ability to address and solve problems or issues as they arise
- Must be self-motivated, display sound judgment, relate well to the public and staff, and prioritize customer satisfaction
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and within the state of New York
- Demonstrated awareness of and value of cultural competence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field is required. Advanced degree in related field, MBA or MPA preferred.
$140k - 155k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements and resume with title “Vice President of Finance & Operations” in subject line to [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
CHCANYS offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
CHCANYS is an equal opportunity employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert