Senior Development Officer
Bend the Arc
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: Los Angeles
Postal code: 90010
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S. The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with established or emerging presence in a dozen cities nationwide.
The Development department is responsible for revenue generation for Bend the Arc’s family of organizations: Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC. The Senior Development Officer is a critical member of the Development team, and is responsible for stewarding and soliciting regionally based donors and prospects of $1,000 plus.
The Senior Development Officer works closely with a New York-based team, including the CEO, the CEO’s Executive Assistant, and the Director of Development to create and implement a comprehensive moves management program for those donors, including annual revenue projections and multiple opportunities for engagement.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and implement a city-based moves management program for individual donors and prospects of $1,000 and up
- Partner with the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team to provide stewardship of donors they solicit
- Monitor and track revenue for all assigned donors
- Maintain and update donor files in Raiser’s Edge
- Brief and debrief solicitors prior to and following meetings and events
- Conduct donor research, prepare donor packets for meetings, and gather and maintain relevant and timely donor collateral materials
- Work with the CEO’s executive assistant to schedule meetings and draft personalized updates and other correspondence to donors and prospects
- Increase retention rates and maximize support from current donors by creating and implementing donor engagement plans for donors and prospects, including individual meetings, parlor meetings, special events, donor briefing calls and opportunities to “see the work”
- Identify, prioritize and cultivate potential new major donors
- Establish benchmarks for progress and success in partnership with the Director of Development; monitor results against revenue goals
- Travel to Bend the Arc’s San Francisco office on a quarterly basis to meet with donors, provide event support, and other fundraising activities
- Travel out-of-state for staff related activities (approximately once or twice a calendar year)
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in nonprofit development
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
- Previous professional experience or comfort working remotely from other members of your team, including your supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple complex projects and work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines
- Strong project and relationship management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings or on weekends based on need
- Ability to travel in-state and out-of-state periodically throughout the year (approximately 20% travel required)
- Experience with a moves management protocol
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google platforms
- Experience working with development databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
Includes health and other benefits.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with “Senior Development Officer” in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert