Nonprofit Board Member
Wild Forests and Fauna
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Environment
Postal code: 98105
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
Wild Forests and Fauna (WildFF) is a US-based registered 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and restoring threatened forests through community-based projects.
Over the last four years, WildFF has launched a series of successful projects in Peru and Uganda with local partners. These projects include: protecting more than 11,000 acres of threatened rainforest through ecotourism; empowering and educating more than 45 young leaders on the Amazon frontier, and partnering with traditional women healers to restore Uganda's native forests.
We are looking for individuals to join a nonprofit executive board to execute projects and scale the impact of a growing international conservation organization.
Our executive team is virtual and spread across the world, including in Peru, Mexico, and four cities in the United States. If you’re interested in joining this virtual team, you can expect 5-15 hours a month of gratifying and high-impact work.
We seek sharp individuals who enjoy solving problems, want to make a positive difference, and are prepared to join an online team of goal-oriented professionals.
Specifically, we are accepting applications from professionals with experience in project management, nonprofit development, and/or communications.
- Genuine Excitement & Interest in the Work! - Passion for environmental conservation, sustainable development, capacity building, and/or wild forests is paramount for our organization.
- Excellent Communication (listening, verbal, written) - The ability to communicate clearly and professionally in a virtual and online environment is necessary for success in this role. English fluency is not required, but is helpful; Spanish proficiency is not required but is also helpful.
- Multicultural Sensitivity & Awareness - As an international organization working with diverse constituents in other countries, it is imperative that our executive team has understanding and empathy for a wide range of groups.
- Problem-Solving, Reasoning & Creativity - This role is an opportunity to help shape the future of our programs and impacts. The ideal candidate will be prepared to push boundaries, suggest new ideas and be part of the process of moving our organization forward in new and exciting ways.
- Professionalism and Integrity - The positions available require strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain professional under a range of circumstances. In other words, reliability, work quality, and being proactive and solutions-oriented are essential traits of our collective success.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply by April 15th. Send the following to: [email protected] with the subject line Board Member Application – (Your Name).
Cover Letter – Tell us how you have the qualifications and skills noted above and include responses to the following questions:
- Why would you like to join the WildFF board?
- What skills or other contributions would you bring?
- Why do you think wildlife and wild forests are important?
Resume – Be sure to include any relevant experience.
Questions? – Send your questions to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert