Board of Director
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
Postal code: 90265
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
EOTO World strengthens the skills of human rights activists to assist the work toward global poverty eradication and promote a culture of peace.
EOTO World is seeking to build a remote-working group of highly motivated and experienced professionals to guide the work of the organization.
The Board will support the work of EOTO World and provide remote, mission-based leadership and strategic governance alongside the Executive Director during an exciting time of transition & growth in the organization.
Service on EOTO World’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties. Members serve on an annual renewable basis and meet no less than 6 times a year.
EOTO World Board Members must consider the organization as a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
A summary of responsibilities include:
- Advise the ED as she develops and implements the organization strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics that evaluate org impact, as well as regularly measure its performance
- Approve annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Assist the ED and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partner with the ED and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serve on committees, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- Be proactive in ensuring the sustainability of the organization
Fluency in English and frequent access to the Internet to perform duties as a part of a globally dispersed remote team is required. Additional fluency in other languages, particularly official UN ones, are a strong plus.
Professionals with skills not limited to:
- human rights education,
- community development,
- social media,
- web development,
- human resources
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about human rights, sustainable development and/or peace education. Board members have the opportunity to utilize their professional skills and strengthen new ones to significantly impact the global work of the organization.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume/CV to Elischia Fludd at [email protected] Please indicate in the subject line “Board Candidate”. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and invited to submit an internal online application.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert