Atlantic Avenue Local Development Corporation
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 11217
State: New York
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
The mission of the Atlantic Avenue Local Development Corporation (AALDC) is to further economic development, historic preservation, and cultural enrichment on Atlantic Avenue, in Brooklyn, New York, from Fourth Avenue to the Waterfront and the surrounding area.
The AALDC provides information, advocacy, and produces events and projects that promote economic growth and vitality, for the preservation and development of the local community.
Board Directors of the Atlantic Avenue Local Development Corporation (AALDC) are responsible for:
- Playing a prominent and active role in meetings and events such as fundraisers, press conferences, and community events relevant to committee work.
- Attending the annual retreat and monthly Board meetings.
- Actively serving on at least one committee.
- Helping to ensure the financial health of the organization, including a yearly contribution of at least $50 to support the AALDC mission.
- A business professional or business owner; experience in a leadership or management position and/or experience serving on a Board a plus
- Individuals with experience in fundraising/development, legal, accounting/finance and/or communications are especially encouraged to apply.
- Individuals who live or work in the local neighborhood are encouraged to apply but not mandatory.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter stating why you are interested in joining the AALDC Board of Directors and your current resume to [email protected]
No phone calls please.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert