Board of Directors
Plumb Line Training Inc.
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Environment
City: Any City In USA
Postal code: 38111-4640
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Our Mission in developing Plumb Line Training Inc. (aka. Plumb Line) is to recruit, educate, train, and certify license candidates to work in the Green industry. The overall purpose of the business is to develop a workforce environmental job training and placement program to place locals, unemployed and under-employed residents and others with various educational backgrounds, ethnicity, in multiple locations with the skills needed to secure full-time employment in the environmental field. Candidates that finished the training will receive certificates, license or both and will have the opportunity to be placed with company to gain on the job experience with the skills needed to secure full-time employment in the environmental field. In particular, the Pipeline industry to include but not limited to Oil, Gas, Water, Sewer Rehabilitation, and the Waste industry. Plumb Line wants the recruits to be aware of the wastefulness of earth resources, the ability to utilize new technology to help save earth from devastation due to humankind carelessness and for the next generation to experience clean air, water, and other natural resources. Training of candidates is according to DOT, EPA, NASSCO, and OSHA guidelines, policies, rules and regulations. Upon completion of training, candidates will receive a certificate, license or both of which; will enable them to find full-time employment in the Green industry.
- Vice Chair (Mission) - work closely with the Board of Directors and other top executives to define the mission of Plumb Line, lead the daily operation, outline the duties and responsibilities of the employees. Engage businesses and citizens to support the cause and purpose of Plumb Line. Create fundraising ideas, and implement fundraising events. Ensure that all finances are maintained according to state and federal regulations. Assist in allocating department budgets and redistributing funds to departments that are running over or under budget. Compile periodic reports outlining the finances and operational successes or failure of Plumb Line and submit the reports to the board of directors and other top executives on an annual, semi-annual or quarterly basis. The reports must suggest how to improve performance.
- Secretary - responsible for keeping records of Board actions, including overseeing the taking of minutes at all board meetings, sending out meeting announcements, distributing copies of minutes and the agenda to each Board members, and assuring that corporate records are maintained.
- Treasurer - shall make a report at each Board meeting. Treasure shall chair the finance committee, assist in the preparation of the budget, help develop fundraising plans, and make financial information available to Board members and the public.
- Board Members - help keep Plumb Line on mission by attending Board meetings, and make sure Plumb Line remains financially solvent by evaluating financial policies, approving budgets, and reviewing financial reports.
Board Members Qualifications • Commitment to the mission of Plumb Line Training Inc.
- Have vision but is flexible to the possibilities of change.
- Sensitive to the communities to which their organizations belong.
- Highly regarded and respected by others.
- Influential member of the organization and/or community.
- Able to strengthen Plumb Line Training Inc., because of the expertise they bring from their business or professional background.
- Adds diversity to the mix of individuals comprising the Board, including age, gender, race, background, expertise, and more.
- An expert specific to Plumb Line's Mission.
- Committed to the cause of Plumb Line
- Community leader able to attract support.
- Informed, available, and engaged
- Willing to attend meetings and represent Plumb Line at meetings or its interests at community events and donor circles.
- Willing to help bring in necessary resources.
- Be a conscientious steward who is as interested in the business of developing Plumb Line and monitoring its health as they are in promoting its programs.
It’s hard to think of other activities that provide both personal and professional benefits like the ones written above. So, become a Board Member with Plumb Line Training Inc. - Today!
If you are seeking opportunities to meet and network with other executives, build your leadership skills, and enhance your company’s reputation below are benefits for being a Board Member at Plumb Line Training Inc.; while also positively impacting your community:
Benefits - Seeking the Highest for guidance and leadership before beginning meetings (Prayer)
- You will enhance the skills you currently possess while serving as a Board Member with Plumb Line Training Inc.; whether you work in marketing, human resources or finance
- You will learn new skills that you can add to your CV/Resume and LinkedIn profile.
- You will meet and collaborate with other passionate and talented professionals while serving as a Board Member thereby; make critical contacts for the future.
- You will boost your professional brand from serving as a Board Member
- You will be able to build awareness and endorsements for Plumb Line through your participation.
- Help builds social capital thereby; giving you that burst of professional and personal inspiration you may be looking for, and there is nothing better than the feeling that you can put your skills to good use.
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Application Instructions: - Please send your Letter of Inquiry, and or Bio (short or long) with a professional photo if possible to [email protected] or send Please list your skills, leadership history, interest in Plumb Line Training Inc. and references or mail to;
Attn: Patricia Cordova, Founder
Plumb Line Training Inc.
Headquarters: 111 South Highland Street #139 Memphis, TN 38111-4640
Email: [email protected]
Before applying for a Board Member position with Plumb Line Training Inc., ask yourself these questions, and be prepared to answer them during the candidate process as listed below:
- Are your goals the same as Plumb Line?
- What skills, experience or expertise do you have that will help the organization achieve its mission?
- Are you prepared to spend time at and participate in meetings and take responsibility for the legal and financial oversight of the organization?
- As part of board membership, would you be willing to raise money for Plumb Line Training Inc?
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert