Community Giving Tree
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: Boxford / Middleton
Postal code: 01921
Country: United States
Thousands of children are helped each year.
We provide low income families with basic necessities such as clothing, diapers, and baby equipment. Your donations help children grow and thrive.
Giving is Green
Our earth benefits from keeping gently used baby equipment, toys, and clothing out of the landfill and into the hands of struggling families.
We Promote Meaningful Philanthropy
Community Giving Tree educates student volunteers about local poverty. All volunteers experience the satisfaction of knowing their time will directly help local children.
The Community We Serve is Local
Every year Community Giving Tree distributes basic necessities to more than 11, 000 children in Northeastern Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- exemplary management and fundraising skills;
- a deep commitment to improving the lives of over 11,000 local children and their families throughout the North Shore;
- extraordinary communication skills to continue building partnerships with the supporting organizations and constituent agencies that are valued members of the Community Giving Tree community; and
- an ability to foster open and mutually supportive relationships with volunteers, contributors, the Board of Directors and the Community Giving Tree staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a dynamic fundraising strategy to enable mission growth
- Manage and grow a dedicated staff commensurate with the needs of the mission
- Manage and grow a thriving volunteer program
- Work with the Board of Directors to shape CGT's current and future direction
Program development and administration
- Provide leadership in developing program and organizational plans for CGT's facilities in Boxford and Middleton
- Implement the most recent strategic plan and all policies authorized by the Board of Directors
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Create and maintain outcome measurement tools to track the organization's impact
- Fully inform the Board of Director on the health of the organization and all factors influencing it
- Represent the organization, it's mission and it's successes to the general public, donors, the media, agency partners and other organizations
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations, and keep abreast of developments and trends in the field
- Develop, implement and/or oversee communications, web site content, social media, donor newsletters and appeals, grant proposals and reports, press releases, annual reports and other marketing material
- Foster the current work climate that attracts, maintains and nurtures a dedicated and passionate staff. Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel.
- Regularly review job descriptions and staff performance and maintain sound human resource practices
- Enable an effective management team, with appropriate provisions for successions
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the mission
- Maintain sound financial practices to enable steady growth
- Develop new fund-raising strategies while maintaining and growing existing programs
- Work with the staff and board in preparing a budget, and see that the organization operates within budget guidelines
- Drive mission growth by developing and executing plans and programs to secure funding from public and private sources
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of relevant management experience (preferably) in a non-profit setting
- Fund-raising experience
- Demonstrated financial and administrative skills
- A passion for the CGT mission
- Ability to communicate the mission to a broad spectrum of stakeholders, from volunteers to social service agents to key donors
- Sensitivity to the organization's culture of caring and respect
- Ability to collaborate with the board of directors to develop and implement strategic plans
- Full time position
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Compensation paid monthly in arrears
- Three weeks paid vacation
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply for the Executive Director position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert