Grants and Communications Associate
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Healthcare
Postal code: 22306
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
To improve health and advance health equity in Alexandria, Arlington, and Fairfax by providing access to high-quality care regardless of ability to pay
The statements in the job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
The Grants and Communications Associate is an integral member of Neighborhood Health’s Development and Communications Team. This position focuses on researching, developing and writing grant proposals, and on post-award implementation, monitoring, and reporting. The position also contributes to Neighborhood Health’s communications and fundraising goals and activities as described in the Description of Duties/Communications and Fundraising Section.
Demonstrates a sincere dedication and loyalty to the philosophy and mission of Neighborhood Health.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Health, or English (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of grant or health-related writing, or equivalent experience working in the field of public health and/or with safety net or health organizations
- Must have excellent proven writing, analytical, and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multiple shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with safety net health services, including community health centers and familiarity with health issues that affect high-risk populations preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and interest in Neighborhood Health’s mission and vision, and to the role, that community health centers perform for those who seek care.
- Experience in preparing and submitting online grant applications preferred. Training provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing/
- Must have excellent organizational skills and must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to track multiple programs and tasks while functioning in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of various computer Microsoft software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher. Familiarity with Constant Contact or other email marketing software preferred (training provided).
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply you must go to our website or send an email to [email protected]
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert