Program Manager - Research, Consulting and Innovation
Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Research
City: New York
Postal code: 10004
State: New York
Country: United States
Our mission is to improve the financial health for all, especially the underserved, by shaping a robust and innovative financial services marketplace with increased access to higher quality products and practices.
We believe finance can be a force for good in people’s lives, and that serving the needs of consumers responsibly is ultimately more profitable for the financial services industry. Our vision is of a financially healthy America where people’s day-to-day financial system functions well and increases the likelihood of long-term resilience and opportunity.
The Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) is the nation’s authority on consumer financial health. CFSI leads a network of financial services innovators, helping them develop and provide high-quality products and services that better meet the needs of consumers – especially those who are struggling. CFSI informs, advises, and connects its network to seed the innovation that will transform the financial services landscape. With offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC,
CFSI is a fast paced, entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment, seeking people who share our values: Innovation; Passion; Excellence; Impact; Directness; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The Program Manager will be part of the Program Team, a cross-functional team that drives CFSI’s thought leadership and research, our consulting services, and our work to seed innovation. The Program Manager must be an independent problem solver, a creative and analytical thinker and communicator, a skilled relationship manager, and a strong project manager with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of excellence.
New York or Chicago, preferred; Washington DC, San Francisco are also options.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Research, Consulting, and Innovation
- Develops research and shares insights on consumer financial health in the United States.
- Advises clients to design, launch, and grow high-quality sustainable financial products that improve consumer financial health.
- Identifies transformative technologies and approaches to foster promising products, services, and strategy innovations in the marketplace.
- Participates in the development of CFSI’s perspective on key areas of focus.
- Manages complex projects from start to finish using project management tools and strong communication skills.
- Collaborates closely with staff across CFSI and leads project teams.
Relationship Management and Business Development
- Manages a portfolio of relationships to drive action on Financial Health.
- Surfaces and participates in the development of consulting, grant and/or sponsorship business opportunities.
- Quickly build trust and credibility with a range of external stakeholders such as financial services providers, research partners, and other collaborators.
- Commitment to CFSI’s mission in advancing consumer financial health
- 5-10 years of consulting or research experience, and exceptional project management experience in the Financial Services, Healthcare, Higher Education, Retirement, or Insurance industries.
- Relationship management skills working with large financial institutions, credit unions, nonprofit organizations, and/or start-ups
- Superior organizational, project and time management skills with strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong and efficient writing skills; ability to quickly synthesize data and present succinct, cogent arguments verbally and in writing
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, productively engaging with others at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to commit to up to 10% domestic travel, with occasional evening meetings (1-2/month)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate/Master’s a plus.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Our mission is very important to us, and we would like to know why you would like to be a part of CFSI. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume with your application.
PLEASE APPLY AT:http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a788267506ea29401508206aa8a02a6&id=8a78839e6a338832016a457b0b25581a&source=
The Center for Financial Services Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert