Community Engagement Manager - 2019-2020
Summit Public Schools
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 94806
Country: United States
Summit Public Schools is a leading network of public schools that prepares a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society.
Community Engagement Manager
Summit Public Schools is seeking a Community Engagement Manager to build and deepen relationships with families of current and prospective students.
The Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for working with school admin teams to ensure that we operate our schools at full capacity and serve diverse student populations while engaging parents authentically as valued members of our school community and developing them into champions of our work.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and able to build strong and enduring relationships. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented, result-driven professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.Who We Are:
What You’ll Do:
- What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
- We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
- Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
- Generate awareness and engagement from prospective families and organizations in local communities
- Develop deep understanding of communities where we work
- Build and deepen relationships with nearby neighborhood schools and local community organizations
- Lead initiatives to generate awareness in local communities including but not limited to direct mail, flyering, door hanging, canvassing at community events
- Manage programs to generate and promote referrals among families
- Manage recruitment systems to track interest and applications from prospective families
- Research community events and coordinate involvement from Summit faculty members
- Develop marketing materials and other written communication for prospective students and families
- Manage outreach and follow up with prospective families
- Organize parent and student ambassadors to support recruitment
- Manage tours and student shadow days
- Plan, prepare and execute school based recruitment events such as open houses
- Translate communications for our prospective students and families
- Support collection and analysis of data to determine effectiveness of initiatives and drive continuous improvement
- Plan and execute lotteries; this includes maintaining basic knowledge of lottery rules in charter petition
- Monitor progress to goal for enrollment targets and collaborate with school admin team to ensure school is fully enrolled
- Collect and analyze recruitment and enrollment data to inform planning and assess activity effectiveness
- Manage registration and enrollment for new families
- Manage re-enrollment for returning families and ensure all forms are completed by the first day of school
- Manage student enrollment data and systems
- Plan and execute enrollment events including mandatory registration days
- Manage parent events including but not limited to back to school night and fall and spring parent teacher events, ensuring strong parent participation
- Manage parent volunteer program, parent ambassador program and/or other local parent groups
- Identify and recruit parent leaders for advocacy, e.g., town halls, voter registration drives
- Coordinate annual parent survey and drive toward 100% parent participation
- Coordinate important parent meetings, e.g., truancy/attendance meetings
- Coordinate important household communication, e.g., English language determination letters, intent to enroll forms, summer mailer packets
- Translate communications for our current families
- Coordinate parent engagement for charter renewal initiatives and support engagement with key stakeholders, e.g., authorizers and local boards, to ensure compliance and help maintain strong community relationships
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
Who You Are:
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Prior community engagement, operations and/or project management experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in middle or high schools is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Flexibility to attend 2-3 evening and weekend events per month.
- Clear health and background check.
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogenous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You possess excellent organizational and project management skills, with an obsession for details.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply directly on our website.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert