Manager of Recruitment and Selection
Summit Public Schools
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
City: Redwood City
Postal code: 94063
Country: United States
Summit Public Schools is a leading network of public schools that prepares a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society.c
Manager of Recruitment & Selection
The Manager of Recruitment and Selection plays an integral role in achieving the vision and goals of Summit Public Schools through ensuring our organization has high performing faculty in every seat.
The Manager of Recruitment & Selection leads the sourcing and interview process for multiple faculty pipelines, supporting school leaders and hiring managers in identifying their talent needs and sourcing and selecting top talent for Summit Public Schools. The Manager of Recruitment and Selection plans and executes outreach strategies to develop an annual applicant pool of diverse teachers and education professionals, and designs and implements selection tools, processes, and systems for various roles Summit Public Schools.
The ideal candidate is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, has exceptional interpersonal and recruiting skills, and a track record of customer service orientation. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. You will work directly with the Director of Recruitment and Selection. Occasional travel required for this position. Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.What You’ll Do:
- Manage the complete selection process for multiple open faculty roles, including interfacing with candidates, school leaders and other stakeholders.
- Communicate Summit Public Schools’ mission, values, personalized learning model and vision for public education in America to potential and new Summit teachers, school leaders and home office faculty.
- Conduct the first round interviews with candidates.
- Ensure candidates receive timely communication about their candidacy and respond to candidate questions and requests.
- Coordinate and lead final round interview days.
- Conduct reference checks for candidates.
- Project management for deep engagement with external pipelines, such as graduate schools of education and fellowship programs
- Oversee and implement ongoing engagement calendar with sources of strong candidates
- Manage social media and online job postings for open positions
- Represent Summit Public Schools at career fairs and other recruitment events
- Manage candidate data in Summit’s Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse, and ensure that all candidate data is up to date and prepared for analysis.
- Conduct quantitative analysis of hiring data and tracking, using data to drive decision making and allocation of resources
- Lead efforts to attract a high quality, diverse talent pool
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This position is based in the Bay Area, requires frequent travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of Summit Public Schools mission, values, and standards
The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
Deep commitment to continuous improvement
3 years of experience in a recruitment, selection or teaching capacity
Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking to candidates
Proven project management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
Exceptional attention to detail
Superb computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
The ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, work
well under deadlines and ensures timely completion
The ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive matters, and ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Clear health and background check
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find joy in shared successes.
- You share our vision to re-imagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and collaborate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have an ability to share and apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply on our website.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert