Human Resources Manager
Summit Public Schools is seeking a Human Resources Manager who will play an integral role in achieving the vision and mission of Summit Public Schools through excellent human resources customer service and support to our faculty.
This person will perform a wide variety of professional level human resources functions including managing the offer and onboarding process and human resources information system.
The Human Resources Manager will have a strong customer service orientation that values each of our employees and believes this approach will ensure Summit employees can focus on what they do best to drive toward our collective vision for students and education.
This person also knows that no detail is too small when it comes to human resources and ensures all employee information is accurate.
This person will work directly with the Director of Human Resources.Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits andskills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a leading charter management organization serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington state. We operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat, empowering students with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic people to join our growingteam to help realize our educational vision.What You'll Do:
- Prepare employees for employment, transfer or exiting with Summit Public Schools
- Manage new hire enrollment; this includes offer letters; verification of employment eligibility, and training support
- Manage administration of benefits; this includes claims resolution and communication about benefit information to employees
- Collaborate with Finance to manage various payroll systems and processes
- Assist the Human Resources Director with leave of absences, accommodations and employee relations
- Report, maintain and monitor all workers' compensation case files; follow up on open cases.
- Partner with our schools to manage faculty safety; this includes planning and executing site safety training, serving on the Summit safety committee and supporting safety inspections
- Support management of human resource data and reporting; this includes ensuring HR data remain updated and accurate, providing HR information for internal and external stakeholders, partnering with school to ensure HR compliance and completing local and state audits
- Support data analysis to drive continuous improvement in service delivery and workflow
- Collaborate with Human Resources Director to stay up to date on HR policies and best practices
- Provide superior customer service through day-to-day support to employees, responding directly to employee questions via email, phone, in person and completing requests
- Other duties and projects as necessary.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.