Summit Public Schools is seeking a Credentialing Manager who will play an integral role in achieving our vision and mission through ensuring our faculty are well prepared and exceptionally qualified.
With a deep commitment to customer service and capacity buliding, this person will partner with school leaders to support their teachers in obtaining and maintaining their certification.
No detail is too small for this person who will ensure we meet all local and state regulations for credentialing and maintain the highest level of trust with key governing bodies.
This person is also fiercely efficient. In their work with faculty across 11 schools in 2 states, they will manage our credentialing systems and drive continuous improvement to ensure that they are scalable and sustainable.
As a member of our Home Office this person will collaborate closely with the other teams supporting schools and report directly to the Director of Human Resources.Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.What You'll Do:
- Identify, review, maintain and evaluate the proper credentialing qualifications required of new teacher candidates and current faculty
- Advise candidates and current faculty of requirements for credentials and permits, including courses for certification, upcoming examination dates, and updates from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) or Department of Education (DOE)
- Manage and maintain records on certificated staff to assure required credentials and CLAD/BCLAD certifications are held, obtained, and maintained in conformance with regulations of the CTC
- Collaborate with school leaders to complete applications and recertifications
- Prepare and communicate reports for school leaders and county officials
- Ensure successful and finding-free county and district audits
- Collaborate with Recruitment & Selection Team to review applicants’ credentials
- Stay informed on the changes in CTC regulations
- Inform candidates and current faculty on policies and procedural changes affecting credentials, certificates, permits, and other relevant changes
- Assist with new hire orientations and onboarding as necessary
- Compose letters, forms and other documentation to communicate credentialing requirements to candidates and current faculty
- Support with additional human resources projects as needed
This position is based in Redwood City, CA. This role will require occasional travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require travel to other regions.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.