Midlevel Giving Program Manager
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10006
State: New York
Country: United States
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is a private international association founded in 1971. The association is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Our mission is to provide lifesaving medical care to those most in need.
All MSF members agree to honor the following principles:
MSF provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of gender, race, religion, creed, or political convictions.
MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance. MSF claims full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Members undertake to respect their professional code of ethics and to maintain complete independence from all political, economic, or religious powers.
As volunteers, members understand the risks and dangers of the assignments they carry out and make no claim for themselves or their assigns for any form of compensation other than that which the association might be able to afford them.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $350 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
The newly created role of Midlevel Giving Program Manager is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on, communications-savvy and analytical candidate to help MSF-USA achieve our ambitious fundraising goals.
Working closely with the Senior Manager, Midlevel Giving, you will help roll out our strategic plan to accelerate growth in our robust midlevel donor program. You’ll be an integral part of a lively, multidisciplinary team focused on individual donors giving between $500-$5,000. This highly valuable cohort currently contributes significant unrestricted revenue, constituting twenty percent of MSF-USA’s annual income.
Your focus will be to bring bold new visions to life in donor communications that inspire and inform. You will also extend our connections with these committed supporters, deepening relationships through personal outreach.
Managing the midlevel direct response program, you will collaborate with internal channel managers, operations, and external agencies to implement a blend of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship tactics. Using analytics to identify opportunities for optimization, you will drive program evolution and build pipeline for major and planned giving. Additionally, you will help ensure the program runs smoothly by assisting with donor engagement, annual planning, budgeting and administrative tasks.
You’re a roll-up your sleeves, self-starter with a keen interest to grow your fundraising skills. An influencer both in-person and on paper, you can drive consensus amongst stakeholders. You easily distill complex information from multiple sources and draw connections across elements. You’re organized, skilled at keeping projects on track and find fulfillment in seeing them through to completion. Comfortable with ambiguity, you can pivot quickly and get an extra bound of energy when courses shift. You can juggle multiple projects and fast, competing deadlines.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
As the Midlevel Giving Program Manager you will work in collaboration with development colleagues to accomplish revenue and donor-centered goals in the following ways:
Strategy & Pipeline Management
- Work with the Senior Manager, Midlevel Giving to create and roll out engagement strategies fulfilling strategic plan for midlevel donors and prospects to meet program objectives.
- Help launch new initiatives to extend operations and reach as strategic plan unfolds.
- Collaborate with development colleagues and partner vendors to generate actionable reports that drive midlevel donor acquisition, retention, reinstatement and upgrades.
- Execute stewardship tactics, including personal representation and outreach.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and procedures when identified.
- Stay abreast of industry best-practices in midlevel donor management and support innovations in the midlevel strategy.
Direct Response – All Channels
- Manage direct response program for midlevel audience across all channels (print, digital, telemarketing and future channels) to meet key performance indicators while improving the donor experience.
- Handle day-to-day vendor relationships and coordination with channel managers, taking projects from creative strategy to completion and ensuring appropriate threads across omnichannel campaigns.
- Champion the midlevel audience needs in messaging, creative, and segmentation for all campaigns, consistently building consensus.
- Develop acknowledgement experience for midlevel donor matrix.
- Schedule and arrange logistics for meetings with vendor partners and cross-functional teams in support of the midlevel giving program.
- Maintain calendar of midlevel audience outreach and sample library, sharing across global MSF teams.
Planning, Budgeting & Business Practices
- Contribute to development of midlevel program annual plan and budgeting.
- Track invoices in software tool to ensure smart and timely investment of donor dollars.
- Develop a strong familiarity with MSF culture, procedures and strategic goals
to convey key messages to donors and partners.
- Maintain high level of knowledge in technologies and tools that drive business.
- Provide general assistance to the Senior Manager, Midlevel Giving in managing various aspects of program; maintain business continuity in absence.
- Maintain a high level of donor confidentiality.
The Midlevel Giving Program Manager must be available to travel periodically to meet with our agency partners, attend seminars and conferences, and join international skill-sharing meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in fundraising in one or more of the following areas:
- Direct response (online and offline)
- Midlevel giving programs
- Major gift programs
- Embraces the mission, principles and messaging of Doctors Without Borders with enthusiasm. Willing to professionally advocate for humanitarian issues.
- Previous experience with a comparably large nonprofit or corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage, identify and anticipate obstacles, prioritize and judge when and how to engage key stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic “all hands-on deck” style team player; able to operate and collaborate across multiple teams and thrive in a fast-paced culture.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Track record of developing and maintaining business relationships, showing openness to new ideas, making decisive and sound judgments.
- Maintains tact and diplomacy with all levels.
- An eye for graphics, messaging and sophisticated marketing to a high-value audience.
- An ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in an impactful manner.
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Self-motivating, adaptable, proactive and able to inspire and motivate others.
- Awareness of key methodologies, approaches, and market trends in the industry.
- Integrity and scrupulous adherence to donor privacy and confidentiality.
- Digitally-literate, including donor database or CRM systems. Comfortable learning new software applications.
$75k - 90k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Full Time Exempt
Open Ended Contract
Starting salary mid 70s to low 80s (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
Working Time %
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: [email protected],
ATTN: “Midlevel Giving Program Manager” position. Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Please note that relocation assistance and visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert