Leadership for Educational Equity
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 20001
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan leadership development organization dedicated to developing its members’ potential to ensure every child has the opportunity to receive an outstanding education. Our kids and communities need more leaders who believe that educational inequity is a solvable problem. We believe that when our members are organized and reach positions of leadership, they’ll serve as a transformative force for students, communities and the broader movement for educational equity. LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more about what we do, please visit educationalequity.org.
The Strategy sub-team is responsible for providing analytics and insight to inform the organization’s strategic direction and strengthen internal operations to maximize LEE’s impact developing transformational leaders committed to achieving educational equity.
The Director, Strategy is the data scientist lead on the team providing critical support for deep-dive analytics and thought partnership to increase conversion of LEE members into senior leadership roles where they can impact education policy. The Director leads LEE’s conversion analysis and evaluation to make strategic recommendations that will strengthen operations and/or adjust the organization's direction and expansion in response to changing environment or context. Working in partnership with cross-functional teams, the Director will provide critical analytic support and thought partnership to identify and solve key organizational challenges and realize opportunities. Through exceptional quantitative and qualitative analysis coupled with strong communication skills, the Director will help shape LEE’s strategic direction to ensure LEE achieves its ambitious goals and impact.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Strategy & Analysis.
Position Location: Flexible
Travel Requirements: 10-20%
- Drawing from advanced SQL knowledge, lead conversion analytics of large-scale data (in LEE’s data warehouse and other relevant (internal and external) data sources) across the organization; drive conversion goal setting; and create customized conversion dashboards for internal partners
- Build strong relationships across LEE teams to collaborate on solving strategic challenges and developing analytically informed strategies
- Work in collaboration with LEE’s Leadership and drawing from analyses of multi-source data sets, develop org-wide key performance metrics to inform and assess LEE’s long-term strategy
- Own project execution for new initiatives designed to understand the drivers of conversion and increase impact, make recommendations that will realize greater efficiencies and/or increase LEE’s impact and influence others to invest in and implement those recommendations
- Provide rich multivariate analyses to identify pathway optimizations for member leadership development
- Provide direct coaching and mentorship to team members to advance SQL and data visualization skills across the team
- 6 years large-scale data analytics experience with a solid background in descriptive and inferential statistics, including multivariate analyses
- Advanced SQL knowledge and min 3 years experience
- Highly proficient in Excel (or GoogleSheets)
- Intermediate to advanced experience with visual display software such as Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Demonstrated track record translating business challenges into data analytic and research questions, and providing data-informed actionable insights and recommendations; influencing teams to adopt recommendations
- Strong relationship builder and influencer; excellent project management
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. LEE offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes health, dental and vision coverage for spouses, families and domestic partners; life insurance; a retirement package with employer match; family and parent benefits; generous paid time off and an organization-wide winter break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link: https://educationalequity.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=382&site=1
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert