Analyst, Medical Research & Board Directed Grants
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10178
State: New York
Country: United States
The Robertson Foundation: The Robertson Foundation is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. At present, the Robertson Foundation is predominantly focused on grantmaking in medical sciences, environment and climate, and public education improvement. In its grantmaking, the Robertson Foundation seeks to optimize the potential impact of its grants.
- Do you have a track record of intellectual rigor and academic achievement?
- Are you interested in building deep knowledge on a variety of topics?
- Are you curious about research and how it relates to practice?
- Are you able to withhold judgment, remain humble at all times and open yourself up to inquiry, challenge, and change?
- Do you read voraciously across a range of resources?
- Would you like to learn about the role philanthropy can play having a social impact?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you apply to the Robertson Foundation for a full-time position on our team.
The Position: The Analyst will support and contribute to knowledge development and grantmaking activities for two of the Foundation’s grant portfolios (Medical Research and Board-Directed). Because of the diverse nature of these portfolios, this position is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is curious by nature and has wide-ranging interests (from community revitalization to leadership development), in addition to a solid background in the life sciences or biomedical fields. With the Portfolio Director, he/she will develop and analyze each portfolio and engage with grantees and others to understand where philanthropic dollars might have the greatest impact.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Portfolio development: Conducting, reviewing and synthesizing research; producing concise and insightful internal and external communications on research and grantmaking; managing and engaging in knowledge development, as directed.
- Grants management and support: Effectively supporting Foundation leadership across multiple grants; reviewing grantee information, budgets, and data; working with grantees to identify, collect, and analyze qual/quant data to track progress and to complete and maintain the Foundation’s core records.
Background and characteristics of strong candidates:
- Excellent written and oral communication and research skills
- Strong interest in science communications (i.e. synthesizing and ‘translating’ scientific findings for non-scientific audiences) and in program metrics and evaluation
- Demonstrated interest in the areas of funding and grant-making approach for the Medical Research and Board-Directed portfolios
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills with a commitment to continual learning
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail in all matters
- Flexible and adaptable with a sense of humor
Compensation: The position is full-time and based in New York City; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply: If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at [email protected] or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178. Please submit all electronic materials in PDF format.
Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender preference and sexual orientation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert