Manager, Executive Recruitment
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve.
- Support KIPP leaders, teachers, and staff on the Network Leadership Development, KIPP School Leadership Programs, Teaching and Learning Labs, KIPP Through College, or Knowledge Sharing teams
- Ensure smart growth and great results on the Network Growth and Sustainability, Strategy, Research & Evaluation, or Insights and Analytics teams
- Broaden our impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams
- Keep us connected and operational on our IT or Finance team
If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us!
This role is part of KIPP Foundation’s Network Talent Team (NTT). The purpose of NTT is to:
- Build Regional Leaders’ capacity to envision and execute best-in-class talent strategies to attract, select, develop, and retain high-performing teachers and instructional leaders
- So that every KIPP student benefits from an excellent, anti-racist education that prepares them for college and life
We believe a critical factor in our regions’ success is their ability to attract, hire and retrain high-quality and diverse regional leadership teams. The Manager, Executive Recruitment will play a direct role in supporting our regions to do this by partnering directly with regional leaders, regional boards and KIPP Foundation colleagues to lead equitable and unbiased recruitment and selection processes for critical regional leadership vacancies across the network. The Manager, Executive Recruitment reports to the Senior Manager of National Recruitment.
Serve as primary recruiter for regional executive level vacancies across the network and a variety of functions by acting as an internal headhunter for executive searches across the network
- Lead intake discovery calls with potential KIPP network clients, create proposals comparable to executive search firms and secure searches with KIPP network clients
- Once a search is launched, partner with KIPP regional boards, senior leadership in the KIPP network and the KIPP Foundation to lead and project manage each search with a focus on building trust and partnership, ensuring high client satisfaction throughout the process and ultimately filling the position in 4 months of launch
- Lead weekly check ins with search committees to provide critical communication updates to key stakeholders, offer expertise and guidance, prioritize next steps for search committees in order to manage the team towards a 4-month close
- Build meaningful relationships with executive level candidates by taking time to understand their experiences and skillsets, their career aspirations and sharing information about the KIPP region’s value proposition.
- Design customized search project plans that includes key milestones, strategies, and lays out clear roles & responsibilities for each search’s recruitment and selection process based on each region’s unique context
- Manage multiple search project plans simultaneously, ensuring that plans are updated and on track to reach key milestones and goals for each search
- Gather feedback from applicants as well as regional and Foundation partners to evaluate and continuously improve our recruitment and selection processes
Executive recruitment and selection:
Maintain a portfolio of 4+ simultaneous searches across a variety of C-level functions and close 12+ searches yearly
- Generate a diverse and high-quality pool of prospects by conduct research to map talent markets and implementing creative sourcing strategies that utilize multiple avenues including but not limited to online talent resources, networking, cold-calling to potential recruiting sources and referrals.
- Lead high-quality cultivation calls with active and passive prospects that garner insight into each prospect’s motivations, barriers and skillsets while also sharing a compelling and customized value proposition that compels the prospect to apply
- Think strategically and creatively about facilitating additional cultivation opportunities beyond a call for top prospects
- Support regions in designing a rigorous, unbiased, C-level Selection process that adheres to their individual charter by laws and the KIPP Foundation ED ratifying process as well as all supporting selection materials
- Lead application review and phone interview stages of the selection process
- Project manage and partner with the search committee to design all aspects of the final interview selection event (all candidate and selection committee communication, interview logistics, interview day schedule, interview materials, decision-making process, etc.)
- Provide on-site final interview support to regional clients
- Provide guidance to regional hiring team and selection committee on candidate matriculation by sharing best practice insight and guidance regarding reference checks, offer letters, relocation, compensation and closing tactics to client
Drive systematization of C-level recruitment and selection processes
- Proactively provide guidance to KIPP network of recruiters on C-level hiring best practices by codifying and updating resources for C-level hiring and leading the strategy for network distribution
- Maintain C-level candidate tracking and sourcing systems
- Capture all prospect and connector activity (communication, quality, future potential, etc) within the KIPP Careers platform
- Proactively build database of qualified and diverse C-level candidates as well as connectors
- Utilize KIPP Careers to produce dashboards and reports that the KIPP network can leverage across future C-level searches
Own internal/external communications for Executive Recruitment
- Build and cultivate meaningful and strategic partnerships with potential pipelines of diverse, C-level talent (Business Schools, Professional Affiliations & Programs, etc.)
- Create a marketing and events calendar of critical in-person career fairs, networking events and diversity channels to tap into new sourcing pools, e.g. NSHMBA
- Maintain a strong pulse on all C-level openings across the network in order to create connections and identify opportunities for collaboration when similar roles launch in the same cycle
- Serve as expert in executive recruitment for regions looking to hire a search firm, guide and lead regions to make informed data-based decisions on which firms are best equipped to meet the needs of particular KIPP client
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years work experience required
- Experience in education reform or non-profit sector highly preferred
- Experience and a track record of results with full-cycle recruitment required; ideally recruiting executives or senior-level hires
- Proven track record of quickly building trust, credibility and partnership with a wide range of senior leaders
- Strong consulting skills with demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders at all levels
- A deep commitment to all of KIPP’s values, especially diversity, equity and inclusion
- Exceptional communication skills and professional judgement
- Resilient and resourceful
- Excellent follow though and attention to detail
- Experience teaching and driving measurable results in a high-performing school environment highly preferred
Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan, and a significant paid time-off package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should follow this link to apply.
The KIPP Foundation provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert