Donor Relations Associate
New York Civil Liberties Union
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10004
State: New York
Country: United States
Position: Donor Relations Associate
Terms of Employment: Full-Time
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience; NYCLU has a generous and competitive benefits package.
Location: New York Civil Liberties Union, 125 Broad Street, NY, NY
Application Deadline: May 24, 2019 or until the position is filled.
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 140,000 members and supporters, and eight offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information please visit our website: www.nyclu.org.
The Development Team
The NYCLU Development Department seeks to secure the financial resources necessary to support the NYCLU’s mission, strategic plan, and work plan. We engage and partner with our members as well as individual and institutional philanthropists. Within the NYCLU, we work closely with other departments on donor messaging and communications to promote brand awareness and educate stakeholders who are concerned with advancing civil liberties and civil rights in New York and the United States. We are a results- and values-driven team with professional and committed members who respect each other and our donor-partners.
The NYCLU seeks well-qualified candidates for the full-time position of Donor Relations Associate who would be dedicated to our mission and values. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Donor Relations Associate will be responsible for researching individual donor prospects, coordinating outreach for the executive portfolio, and supporting the Chief Development Officer on high level donor stewardship.
The Donor Relations Associate will undertake a range of tasks and responsibilities to support leadership gifts fundraising, including:
- Research donor prospects and create donor briefing documents for the team;
- Actively screen new donor prospects and recommend portfolio assignments;
- Coordinate donor cultivation for the executive portfolio;
- Ensure executive portfolio data in the Salesforce database is current;
- Create regular leadership gift reporting schedule for the executive portfolio and ensure all related data is up to date in the database;
- Coordinate the schedule and process for reviewing leadership gift assignments on a regular basis;
- Coordinate portfolio track assignments and prospect research reporting with our fundraising partners at the ACLU, when appropriate;
- Assist with monitoring executive portfolio KPIs and outcome measurements;
- Assist with coordination of leadership gifts pipeline, especially as it relates to the executive portfolio;
- Work with Chief Development Officer on high-level donor stewardship, including drafting of acknowledgements, reports, letters, and emails;
- Maintain a small stewardship portfolio;
- Schedule meetings for the Chief Development Officer, as needed;
- Assist the Leadership Gifts team with other duties as assigned
- Minimum two year experience as an administrative or executive assistant, or related work
- Committed to developing and maintaining effective relationships with others, including commitment to values and principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Sound judgement in maintaining donor confidentiality
- Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to track progress and meet goals, and action-oriented with a bias towards getting things done
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects on-time, under tight deadlines; ability to handle stress and pressure effectively
- Customer Service orientation: View your work as supporting team success by helping to make other team members’ work as easy and straightforward as possible
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to work occasional overtime or irregular hours
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO POSSESS
- Three years of experience as administrative assistant, prospect researcher or similar; fundraising or sales experience a plus
- Interest in fundraising and/or a career in the Development field
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar fundraising database
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as research skills
- Understanding of civil rights, civil liberties and social justice, and commitment to supporting efforts to uphold them
NYCLU has a generous and competitive benefits package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume with a cover letter that includes your administrative assistant experience, salary expectations, and where or how you learned of this job posting. E-mail your resume to [email protected] with “Donor Relations Associate” in the subject line.
We will accept applications until May 24, 2019, or until the position is filled. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information, including performance samples and references from people they have worked with in the past.
The NYCLU is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert