Chief Advancement Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Youth Development
Postal code: 01852
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
UTEC’s mission and promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disconnected young people to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. Today we serve Lowell, Lawrence, and Haverhill, MA and are nationally recognized as a model agency serving justice-involved young adults.
Our history: UTEC was founded in 1999 as the result of an organizing movement driven by young people to develop their own teen center in response to gang violence in Lowell, MA. We were originally known as “United Teen Equality Center,” but today our name is simply UTEC, Inc. The community knows us as UTEC, and we now serve older youth, ages 17-25.
UTEC seeks a mission-driven, experienced fundraising professional to lead its growing philanthropy and engagement activities with a focus on individual major gifts. Based in Lowell, Massachusetts, and founded in 2000 as a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young people overcome the very real challenges of poverty, gang involvement, unemployment, and cultural barriers that are pervasive in their community, UTEC reaches 500+ youth annually through an evidence-based model that creates success and better futures.
Together with a staff of seven, the Chief Advancement Officer manages all strategies for prospect identification, donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. S/he stewards relationships with a portfolio of individual donors, corporations, and other funders in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Grants and Communications, and the Major Gifts Officer. The Chief Advancement Officer will spend 65% of her/his time engaging high level donors in her/his portfolio and be responsible for direct solicitations that contribute to the agency budget of $7.0M+ annually, while also supporting senior leadership team in fundraising activities.
The Chief Advancement Officer and his/her development team will execute cultivation and fundraising events and build the capacity of UTEC’s Board of Directors to identify and invite new donors. S/he will provide direction for the overall vision of the Development program, as well as strategic systems and operations for all aspects of the department, in partnership with UTEC’s Development Operations Manager, and work closely with the Director of Grants and Communications to enhance donor communications and agency-wide marketing efforts. The Chief Advancement Officer also works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to best integrate systems between development and finance.
* A minimum of 7+ years of fundraising experience, including leadership and management
* Proven success in designing and managing a variety of fundraising campaigns, including solicitation of six-and-seven-figure gifts
* Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and co-workers at all levels
* Capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities, both as a leader and part of a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some night and weekend events
* Healthy sense of humor, and an ability to have fun while working hard
* Attention to detail a must
* Commitment to social justice and a passion for serving our young people is essential
* Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Annual salary commensurate with experience, 3 weeks of vacation to start, paid holidays and sick/personal time, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), Retirement Plan.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
In one PDF document, please send your resume, letter of interest, and writing sample to [email protected] and [email protected] with “Chief Advancement Officer” in the subject line. No calls, please. Not all applications will receive responses.
MORE ABOUT UTEC
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert