YMCA of Long Island
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 11743
State: New York
Country: United States
The YMCA of Long Island, Inc. is a charitable, non-profit, community-based service organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children, adults and families through programs that develop spirit, mind, and body.
The YMCA of Long Island is seeking an experienced leader to join our team as Executive Director of our Huntington YMCA. The Executive Director will manage our existing 51,000 square foot facility plus the additional 30,000 square foot new Healthy Living Center, and ensure the delivery of high quality programs and services to over 16,000 members annually.
The overall operation of the Huntington YMCA includes, 300 employees, 4500 member units and a budget of $9 million. It is a full service health and wellness facility including two swimming pools, gym, cardio center plus weight training, childcare, indoor track, teaching kitchen, child watch, fitness studios, and more. The Executive Director is expected to vigorously support the YMCA of Long Island’s strategic plan (2019-2021).
The Branch offers a full spectrum of programs, including healthy lifestyles programs; early childhood classes; after-school programs; instructional classes; and active senior programs.
This position will continue to develop and strengthen strategies, relationships and partnerships, with donors, community leaders, elected officials and school districts. Qualified applicants must have experience with Board and community development, fund development campaigns, strategic planning, staff leadership/development plus a proven record of successful fiscal management.
- Direct and provide leadership to the Board of Managers, its committees and staff in interpreting the organization’s policies, strategies, and plans. Serves as the staff officer to the Board of Managers and implements the organization’s plans, policies and decisions.
- Develop and control the annual operating, government and capital budget consistent with the guidelines set by the YMCA of Long Island.
- Act as chief officer of the branch and responsible for the recruitment, selection, development, training, supervision and evaluation of highly competent staff.
- Create and maintain high quality programming and services that meets the current and future needs of the community with financial, human and capital resources available.
- Provide primary leadership in designing and directing all branch fundraising programs, including annual support and endowment. Achieves 100% board giving and high levels of staff participation in Annual Campaign.
- Develops and promotes a member focused staff culture based on relationship building, member engagement, active listening and service above self.
- Create and maintain plans for the branch involving Board members, committee members and community leaders, focused on meeting goals established by the strategic plan.
- Develops, manages, and monitors the branch operating budget and meets or exceeds budget targets.
- Directs branch strategic planning efforts.
- Creates and maintains a branch atmosphere that values diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and maintain partnerships in the community with business and civic leaders, government and other select organizations and agencies. Leverages community leadership and connections to position the Huntington Branch as the leading human service organization in the community.
- Manage the facilities and property of the branch and off-sites to ensure high standards of maintenance and cleanliness and requirements of codes and laws are met.
- Works with the Association Office Marketing and Communication team on efforts to effectively communicate benefits to the community.
- Serves as a member of Y management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
- Ten or more years of successful operational and management experience at and executive level, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of a $9 million branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Must have the capacity to develop strong, positive relationship with branch volunteers, business and civic leaders, and give dynamic leadership to board, staff and community.
- Proven track record of budgetary and fiscal management; demonstrated experience in Fund Development and Fund Raising.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Proven record of leading and aligning teams to a clearly articulated vision, mission, and strategic plan, which advance a cohesive, positive and productive culture.
- Professional demeanor and proven supervisory skills in hiring, training, evaluating, and motivating staff and volunteers, as well as developing an effective staff team.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
Salary- negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including generous YMCA Retirement Plan, Health, Dental and YMCA Membership/Child Care.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
For consideration, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert