Development Support Manager
Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Arts, Culture and Humanities
Postal code: 37738
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts enriches lives by developing aesthetic appreciation and fostering self-expression with hands-on experiences in a variety of media, classes, workshops, conferences, and seminars. On the leading edge of arts education, Arrowmont utilizes contemporary and fine arts techniques to build upon a foundation of traditional arts and crafts.
Position Summary: The Development Support Manager is the primary administrative and logistical support for the Director of Institutional Advancement and development operations. S/He will work closely with the Annual Giving Manager to achieve the goals of the annual giving campaigns. Duties include but are not limited to: database building and maintenance, event logistics management, maintenance of contributed income financial records, mailing logistics, and maintaining materials inventory in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager. The Development Support Manager reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement who is the chief advancement officer for the organization.
- Oversees and manages the constituent database system. Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is a must.
- Works collaboratively with the Annual Giving Manager to ensure accurate and up-to-date constituent information, acquires and uses knowledge of coding systems, batching and entering financial data, and entering and updating new and existing constituent information.
- Primary knowledge holder for Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and is responsible for training staff in its use.
- Creates queries, produces lists, reports, and other data as needed.
- Analyzes system and recommends/makes changes and upgrades as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the Annual Giving Manager to ensure that financial records are maintained accurately and timely.
- Has responsibility for maintenance of contributed income financial records including gifts, grants, events, and other contributed income.
- Manages pledge system from receipt and documentation through reminders and payments.
- Works closely with the chief financial officer and staff to ensure that contributed income financial records and reports are accurate, timely, and reconciled at least quarterly.
- Works collaboratively with the Annual Giving Manager and Marketing and Communications Manager under the direction of the Director-IA to manage departmental events from concept through implementation.
- Responsible to manage planning, logistics, revenue collection, reports, and after-action analysis. Works closely with marketing manager to develop marketing materials, catalogs, publicity, and sponsorship materials.
- Maintains events schedule.
- Shared responsibility for achieving revenue goals.
- Supports Annual Giving Manager and Director-IA in achieving contributed income goals by managing materials production logistics, mailings, lists, and other support as needed.
- Tracks responses and provides reports as needed.
- Adheres to Arrowmont standards of excellence for printed materials.
Other duties as assigned including administrative support for the Director of Institutional Advancement.
REQUIREMENTS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Detailed knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is essential
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of development software
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Committed to mission of Arrowmont and arts education
- Personable with ability to relate to wide range of people at all levels
- Team player
- “Can do” attitude
- Positive and eager to learn
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred in management, nonprofit management, business, or related discipline with five-years’ experience in an arts or nonprofit organization preferred.
Arrowmont offers a range of benefits including but not limited to: health and life insurance, 403(b), vacation, sick leave, opportunities for professional development, paid holidays, and a range of benefits unique to the school such as discounts on workshop tuition.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, e-mail a letter detailing how your skills and abilities meet the requirements of the position, resume, and four professional references to [email protected]. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled. Arrowmont is an equal opportunity employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert