The Leadership Conference
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
Postal code: 20036
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Building an America as good as it's ideals.
The Leadership Conference organizations are going through a period of rapid growth and evolution that requires a strong operational infrastructure to support its pace. In collaboration with the EVP & COO, the Operations Manager will help drive operational excellence and efficiency by providing best-in-class service, assisting in implementing systems, tools, and processes, and providing other operational support to the staff and departments of the Leadership Conference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive strategic initiatives and provide thought leadership with a focus on identifying organizational issues that impede success and providing solutions/recommendations;
- Oversee the assessment, planning, and implementation of organizational-wide systems, tools, and projects that help our work function more efficiently and effectively;
- In collaboration with the HR Director and outside consultants, develop and implement employee culture, engagement and equity and inclusion programs for our staff;
- Manage, develop and ensure compliance with organizational policies and practices;
- Assist with all special events, including fundraising dinners and staff functions; and
- Assist operations departments or cross-functional teams/working groups with other projects or tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field or area of work, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Proven success with project and change management;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in diplomatic and collaborative ways;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills;
- Sound understanding of operational planning, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Possess good judgement and exceptional critical thinking skills.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, two-year term position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter detailing your fit with the position’s responsibilities, and salary requirements to: [email protected] with Operations Manager in the subject line. Only applications submitted by email will be considered. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leadership Conference and The Education Fund provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual expression and identity, veteran status, national origin, age or disability.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert