Manager, Individual Giving
Teach For America
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
Teach For America’s (TFA) mission is to find, develop, and support a diverse network of leaders committed to expanding opportunity for children from classrooms, schools, and every sector and field that shapes the broader systems in which schools operate. We are seeking individuals who align with our mission, core values and commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusiveness and are ready to join us in this global movement.
Team: Bay Area
Reports To: Director, Individual Giving (External Affairs)
Location: Bay Area
As Manager of Individual Giving on the Bay Area development team, you will play a critical leadership role in building a community of supporters who are deeply connected to our effort to double the number of great schools serving our low-income students and students of color by 2025. You will report to the Director of Individual Giving, and work closely with the Senior Managing Director of External Affairs, Associate of Individual Giving, and Executive Director to craft and execute a strategy to deepen engagement with current supporters and cultivate new champions with capacity to donate up to $100,000, ultimately contributing to the success of the Individual Giving team and helping the region meet its programmatic and financial goals to execute our long term strategy.
You will manage campaigns and portfolios (25%):
You will manage donor cultivation and stewardship (60%)
- Collaborate with Individual Giving team and broader Development team to build goals and cultivation/stewardship plans for the individual giving portfolio
- Build and manage systems to effectively cultivate and stewards a portfolio of individual donors giving $25K+
- Manage, maintain, and analyze individual giving landscape data to inform short- and long-term planning, strategy development, and implementation efforts for individual giving
You will contribute to broader organizational vision, mission, and culture (15%)
- Plan, execute, and track a series of annual touch-points and events to cultivate potential individual donors and steward current supporters
- Strategically leverage the Executive Director, board members, and other senior leaders to steward and engage donors, including preparing these individuals for successful donor interactions
- Compose tailored narratives and pitches for high-stakes individual donors, including proposals, reports, and other donor correspondence as needed
- Collaborate with TFA’s national development team to cultivate/steward current and prospective national/local funders with ties to the Bay Area
- Lead the planning, execution, and post-analysis of small to medium scale events to steward and cultivate donors
- Conduct regular analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to inform priorities and adjust course where needed
- Maintain up-to-date donor records to ensure accuracy of account information, interaction history, and proposal/report submissions
- Support Director, Individual Giving and Associate, Individual Giving on team-wide priorities, including mailed appeals, fundraising events, donor/prospect research, and grant writing
- Interview, select, and matriculate incoming corps members
- Engage in regional learning through attending meetings and professional development opportunities
- Staff Teach For America Bay Area events
You are a people person with a strong customer service orientation. You seek to understand the motivations and experiences of our donors and prospects in order to strengthen their connection to TFA, our teachers, and our students. You comfortably interact with people from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. You have a natural customer-service orientation, which enables you to respond to urgent needs and requests from our donors with grace, flexibility, and a commitment to quality.
You are a self-driven executor. You have excellent organizational skills, integrity and follow-through. You don't get overwhelmed easily and take personal responsibility for the success of your work. When faced with ambiguity, you are resourceful and action-oriented, whether it requires managing back-end processes, engaging with donors, creating strategy, or setting up others to execute effectively.
You are a results-oriented strategic thinker. Your decisions and priorities are driven by continuous reflection and analysis, and you stay laser-focused on your goals regardless of competing priorities. You consistently prioritize what is most important and avoid distractions. You have a demonstrated record of achieving ambitious goals despite obstacles.
You are an excellent communicator. Whatever the medium, when people receive a message from you they are crystal clear on the purpose, feel valued and that their time was well-spent, and are more deeply connected to our mission.
You are a utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed and thrive in a face-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
THE MUST HAVES
- 3-5 years of work experience with proven record of achieving ambitious results
- Knowledge of education/ passion for education reform
- Teach For America generally assumes a 50 hour workweek for its exempt staff members. Work hours are flexible based on the needs of the team and the position
- Occasional weekend or evening work hours required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required
Knowledge of Salesforce, Outlook, G Suite apps and InDesign preferred but not required
Ability to travel around the Bay Area
By joining staff, you join a network of individuals committed to pursuing equity for all students and developing themselves as professionals in the process. We as an organization value the longevity of our employees and offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits plan. The salary for this position is also competitive and depends on your prior work experience. Please be advised, you will have an opportunity to discuss salary in more detail after you begin the application process.
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSIVENESS
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
*This job description reflects Teach For America's assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply through our Job Board.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert