Vice President of Development and Communications
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 94538
Country: United States
Educating Children, inspiring our future.
Kidango, a private, not-for-profit child development agency is a Northern California Bay Area leader in early education. Providing quality care and education in 9 Bay Area cities to over 2,500 children daily and has an immediate opening for a Vice President of Development and Communications!
We are currently searching for a Vice President of Development and Communications to join our Development, Communications, Policy and Advocacy Department. The VP, Development and Communication will partner with the CEO, Board of Directors, and staff to lead the growing development functions for the organization. This position will play an exciting role in strengthening the organization's overall fundraising capacity, long-term sustainability, and our ability to deepen our impact. In addition, the VP, Development and Communication will serve as a member of the executive team, responsible for setting the strategic direction of Kidango’s growing fundraising operations.
This is a senior leadership role that will oversee our Development, Marketing & Communications. The primary function of this role is ensuring that Kidango creates and maintains key relationships with stakeholders, communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders, garners resources in pursuit of our mission, and stewards our brand thoughtfully.
Vice President of Development and Communications- Essential Functions:
- Facilitate the success of our ambitious growth campaign, including the implementation of a Major Giving as well as a Planned Giving program, in partnership with Director of Development, CEO and Board of Directors.
- Oversee best-in-class fund development operation that drives donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a breadth of individual and institutional donors.
- Ensure effective fundraising strategies, participate in solicitations and manage portfolio of major donors/funders.
- Oversee successful execution of annual flagship event, The Superhero of Early Learning
- Oversee 100% accuracy in annual contract renewals and continued funding applications.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS:
- Ensure successful implementation of long-term approach for strategic communications, messaging and marketing materials differentiated by audience (e.g., prospective families, current families, donors, community members/leaders, Board members, etc.).
- Implement expanded internal communications strategy and aggressive outreach campaign to raise community awareness.
- Oversee brand positioning, crisis communications and public relations. Ensure Kidango is represented accurately, with integrity and optimal impact across diverse audiences.
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
- Supervises: Director of Development, Marketing Manager, and Annual Fund and Stewardship Coordinator.
- Serve as member of the Executive Team.
- Effectively manage and develop direct reports with an assets-based approach, cultivating a collaborative and inclusive team culture that seeks to coach and empower direct reports.
- Navigate complex issues, manage multiple stakeholders, make decisions, and driving strong results.
- All other duties assigned.
Vice President of Development and Communications - Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s a plus, CFRE preferred
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility managing development and communications functions
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, and successfully soliciting individual gifts in the 4-5 figure range
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, and successfully soliciting foundation support in the 6-7 figure range
- Proven track record of building portfolios from the ground up
- Demonstrated leader able to think creatively and motivate team members to reach ambitious goals
- Extensive track record of working collaboratively with external partners and Boards of Directors
- Experience managing staff and yielding stated goals. The ability to work across teams and with diverse leaders is essential.
- Ability to work effectively and use a positive approach
- Ability to accept responsibility, work independently and set own goals in a professional manner
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously and able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Travel: up to 20%
- Resourceful problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and priority-setting abilities are critical to success
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, and results oriented
- Work as a member of the agency team by promoting the mission and philosophy of Kidango.
- Create and maintain strong relationships across the agency
- Provide excellent customer service to all staff, clients, and contacts of agency
- Advocate on behalf of all children, families, and staff of Kidango
- Maintain confidentiality of children, families and staff
- Participate in activities that further professional growth of self
- Key competencies include: judgment, writing, content creation, information management, planning and organizing, problem analysis and problem solving, communication, teamwork, flexibility
- Health screening, TB and fingerprint clearance (Department of Justice, FBI, Child Abuse Index)
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License or California ID. Use of an insured, non-agency vehicle (if applicable).
- Travel as needed to agency, community and state functions.
Employee Benefits Covered at 100%
Medical — Sutter Health Plus, and Kaiser Base and Buy-up options
Dental — Guardian DHMO and DPPO options
Vision — VSP
Life Insurance — $20,000
401(k) Plan Flexible Spending Account — up to $2,600/annually
Time Off to Recuperate!
7.5 Sick Day Accrual Beginning Date of Hire!
10 Paid Holidays Off!
14 Vacation Days Per Year!
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
For consideration, please complete our Kidango Online Employment Application found here: https://kidango.wufoo.com/forms/kidango-employment-application/
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert