Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif)
Position Type: Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Other
City: Washington, DC
Postal code: 20018
State: Washington, DC
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
Established in 1987, Wacif's mission is to increase equity and economic opportunity in underserved communities in the Washington, DC area by investing knowledge, social and financial capital in low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs. Our mission is driven by three strategic pillars: inclusive entrepreneurship, community wealth building and equitable economic opportunity, and is fulfilled by providing access to capital products and services, and capacity building technical assistance to low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs.
Board Responsibilities Summary
- Time Commitment. Participation in bi-monthly board meetings, monthly committee discussions, and special events.
- Strategy and Oversight. Actively participate in strategic planning and monitor implementation.
- Resource Development. Help the organization identify and secure financial and non-financial partnership.
- Board Building. Identify needed skill sets, orient new board members and evaluate board performance.
- Leadership support and evaluation. Support and evaluate the performance of the Executive Director.
We are looking for board members with one or more of the following skill sets:
- Small business lending
- Former or current entrepreneur
- Human Resources
- Law/Legal issues
- Nonprofit management experience
Unpaid Board Position
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert