Senior Development Officer
Food Allergy Research & Education
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Research
City: Remote or New York
Postal code: 10022
State: New York
Country: United States
FARE’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies and to provide them hope through the promise of new treatments.
Our work is organized around three core tenets:
- LIFE. Support the ability of individuals with food allergies to live safe, productive lives with the respect of others through our education and advocacy initiatives.
- HEALTH. Enhance the healthcare access of individuals with food allergies to state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment.
- HOPE. Encourage and fund research in both industry and academia that promises new therapies to improve the allergic condition.
Reporting to the Director of Development, Major Gifts, the Senior Development Officer is responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors ($10,000+). This person will be an integral part of the major gifts team and responsible for stewarding a portfolio of current and prospective philanthropists in support of FARE’s mission. He/she will be part of the Development Department and work as part of a team to achieve and surpass fundraising goals for the organization. The Senior Development Officer will work collaboratively and strategically with and in support of lead volunteers, senior staff, and Board members to successfully steward and cultivate major donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for contributing to an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization. Philanthropic gifts to support both unrestricted and restricted organizational priorities.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle – identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship – with a focus on closing gifts and maintaining major donor engagement.
- Responsible for the consistent and effective use of donor database, including updating the database with accurate coding and detailed notes to serve as the electronic repository of the institutional history of donor communication.
- In partnership with the events team, participates in the planning, preparation, and execution of donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Utilizes research tools to identify top current donors for major gifts upgrade.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Board members as needed.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications staff in the creation of effective development materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Highly energetic professional with a track record of building meaningful relationships with donors/prospects and successfully closing philanthropic gifts.
- Proven experience developing cultivation and solicitation strategies; willingness and demonstrated acumen with introductory outreach to prospects.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques, ethics, and understanding of nonprofit environments.
- Demonstrated productivity and creativity with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to interact in a positive manner with diverse and demanding constituents using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and discretion, with emphasis on flexibility and professionalism. Strong organizational skills.
- Strong writing and presentation skills and keen ability to relate to donors at all levels required.
- Strategically engage current donors in peer- prospect identification, visits, and gift closings.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with demonstrated proficiency interacting with executives and high-level donors.
- Proven ability to effectively articulate and convey an organization’s program attributes, value proposition and a case for support verbally and in written prop.
- Ability to travel and work some nights and weekends.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5-7 years of development experience with a proven track record of success in individual and or major gifts fundraising. Health-related cause experience a plus.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert