Business Development and External Relations Associate
Council on Accreditation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 10006
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The Council on Accreditation (COA) is an international, independent, nonprofit, human service accrediting organization. Founded in 1977 by the Child Welfare League of America and Family Service America (now the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities), our mission is to partner with human service organizations worldwide to improve service delivery outcomes by developing, applying, and promoting accreditation standards. We envision excellence in the delivery of human services globally, resulting in the well-being of individuals, families, and communities.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Development and External Relations Associate is responsible for utilizing various strategies to cultivate leads and close sales. The associate is both a strategist and a closer, initiating brand-aligned sales strategies and building upon the efforts of COA’s marketing, partnership development, and payer recognition teams to achieve sales targets. The associate is also responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with key external stakeholders providing support as needed. Functioning as a key member of COA’s External Relations and Business Development team, the associate works in collaboration with the recognitions and partnerships, business intelligence, marketing, communication and client relations teams in support of COA’s mission and to facilitate the achievement of COA’s year-over-year growth goals.
- Act as the lead for all incoming new business requests and manage the lifecycle through to the application process.
- Develop, present, and implement plans for acquiring new business and traction in your assigned area - including activity breakdowns, performance milestones and resource requirements.
- Lead relationship development, engagement, and support for key internal and external partners.
- Research, create and maintain lead targeting lists for new and emerging focus areas.
- Ownership and maintenance of the sales database to ensure its integrity.
- Utilize multiple lead-generation tools and a consultative selling approach to cultivate, nurture, and close sales with both outbound and inbound prospects.
- In collaboration with the marketing and business intelligence functions, gather and analyze consumer behavior data and use it to revise current and/or develop new strategies.
- Actively manage sales pipeline ensuring accuracy, consistency and timely entry of proactive and reactive interactions into the CRM system.
- Proactively funnel insights about customer needs and COA’s competitive standing to the business development team to guide the generation of marketing content.
- Provide a brand-aligned customer experience by collaborating with internal stakeholders to effectively engineer the transition of leads from marketing staff to sales staff and confirmed customers from sales staff to operations staff.
- Represent and promote COA at conferences and tradeshows.
- Champion COA brand awareness.
- Practices reflect COA’s mission and are responsible, flexible, reliable, and dependable.
- Demonstrates a commitment to high quality and responsive service; Proactively identifies opportunities and acts to improve operations; Offers and accepts constructive feedback; Contributes to the development of new ideas.
- Actively engages in problem solving; Responds to complaints; Seeks resolution of conflicts.
- Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks; Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards.
- Works collaboratively with others to encourage and support the accomplishment of goals/tasks.
- Provides exemplary customer service to all COA stakeholders; Interactions are timely, responsive, and courteous.
- Shows respect for each person’s individuality and preferences, and the cultural/ethnic diversity of COA’s stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning and improvement; Pursues activities to enhance personal and professional growth for self and others.
- Protects the confidentiality and the information/documentation obtained by nature of our work.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a human services discipline required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a business development position preferred but relevant experience considered; B2B sales experience in a non-profit context preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Superior computer skills, including Microsoft Office and sales technology/CRM applications; strong experience with Salesforce and marketing automation tools required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Strong lead nurturing strategy design and execution experience.
- Proven inside sales track record of successfully converting inbound leads to opportunities.
- Research and analytical skills with a keen ability to interpret data and create actionable insights.
- Familiarity with accreditation organizations and/or process is a plus.
- Highly proficient with digital marketing and social selling.
- Frequent travel during peak conference season may be required.
Medical and dental insurance, a voluntary vision plan, a 401(k) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and other insurances, Professional Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Visit the Business Development and External Relations Associate posting to apply
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert