The Director of Bridge Builders Program Development is responsible for maintaining a high
quality youth leadership development program for all three levels of the Bridge Builders program:
CONNECT, COLLABORATE, and CHANGE.
Principal activities for this position include program design; curriculum development and revision;
supervision of program evaluation; and supervision of training for the Bridge Builders facilitators,
staff, and interns.
BRIDGES is in the process of developing a Youth Action Center to provide Greater Memphis
area youth with leadership opportunities for community transformation in a wide range of fields
such as: local government, social entrepreneurship, media, healthcare, and philanthropy. This
position will be highly engaged in the development of programming and evaluation for this new
BRIDGES strives for a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We encourage qualified
individuals of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women,
LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans.
The budgeted annual salary for this position is between $60K and $70K; however, adjustments
may be considered based on a candidate’s experience. Subject to meeting eligibility
requirements, benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability
insurance; paid vacation and holidays; and 401(k)/retirement plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Research, develop, revise and/or enhance the various curricula for all three levels of Bridge
Builders: CONNECT, COLLABORATE, and CHANGE.
2. Develop comprehensive curricula, training, and evaluation frameworks for the Youth Action
Center, based on internal best practices of Bridge Builders CHANGE work and research of
best practice models nationally.
3. Research and share best practice research with Bridge Builders staff in the areas of youth
development, program design, curriculum, evaluation, and training.
4. Contribute to the overall development of the Bridge Builders staff, in accordance with
individual strengths and expertise.
5. Participate in department-wide annual planning, organization-wide strategic planning, and
provide research and expertise as needed in these processes.
Evaluation Support and Supervision
1. Provide ongoing supervision, support and accountability for the Evaluation Manager, who
develops and implements the evaluation strategy.
2. Working closely with the Evaluation Manager and VP of Community Engagement, ensure the
annual evaluation plan and data collection timeline meet all grant reporting requirements and
learning objectives set by the leadership of BRIDGES and Bridge Builders.
3. Work collaboratively with the VP of Bridge Builders and Evaluation Manager to ensure annual
evaluation systems are implemented accurately (staff are trained to administer tools, collect
and enter accurate data).
4. Working closely with the Evaluation Manager, hold program outcome discussions with Bridge
Builders staff periodically to ensure that outcomes are relevant to participants and understood
by staff; leading efforts to revise outcomes as needed.
Training Support and Supervision
1. Provide ongoing supervision, support, and accountability for the Curriculum and Training
Coordinator, who develops and implements the annual Bridge Builders training plan.
2. Work regularly with the Curriculum and Training Coordinator and Evaluation Manager to
monitor and support alignment between program outcomes, curriculum design, training, and
Program Quality Management
1. Develop instruments for documentation and conduct periodic observations/reviews of
program activities (curricula, training, delivery).
2. Coordinate and document efforts across the program delivery continuum—outcomes,
curriculum, training, implementation—promoting program fidelity.
3. Support the highest use of Bridge Builders evaluation data to promote the continuous
improvement of the Bridge Builders program.
1. This position includes some mandatory travel and work on weekends and evenings.
2. Must have personal transportation to visit schools, community partners, etc.
3. Represent BRIDGES at events, conferences, meetings, public forums, etc., that may require
speaking to groups on behalf of BRIDGES.
4. Perform other reasonable, related duties as assigned by the VP of Bridge Builders or other