Achievement Network (ANet)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 02108
Country: United States
ANet is a nonprofit dedicated to the idea that every child deserves an excellent education and the opportunities it provides.
Location: Flexible (ANet office location preferred)
Position available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities, deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
We are seeking an HR Manager to manage and optimize ANet's benefits, policies, and people information systems. The HR Manager will provide exemplary customer service, serving as a resource to our employees so they understand ANet's policies and get the most of ANet's benefits. They will ensure that our people data systems are accurate and our policies are in compliance with federal and state laws. This role will report to the Managing Director, HR & People Operations and will work in close partnership with ANet's Talent functions to assess needs and propose and execute solutions that ensure staff members have a positive experience of our benefits, policies, and work experience, and that ANet's HR work embodies our core values and anti-racist standards.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Manage the day-to-day administration of ANet's payroll, benefits and HR policy systems
- Serve as the lead internal contact with ANet's Professional Employer Organization, Insperity
- Administer employer-sponsored benefits plans including health, disability and 401K
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for biweekly and semimonthly employees
- Communicate benefits and payroll updates to Insperity and third-party vendors
- Provide direct support to effectively onboard, transition, and off-board team members
- Maintain accurate HR records within Insperity's information and timekeeping systems
- Create and deliver employees letters (hires, promotions, annual increases, verifications, etc.).
- Respond to internal and external requests for employee data
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are in compliance with state (e.g., CA, NY) and federal (e.g. DOL, OSHA) legislation
- With the support of legal counsel, conduct quarterly and annual reporting as required by state and federal employment laws, to include EEO and Affirmative Action
- Maintain and improve HR intranet pages, including organizational chart and staff directory
Provide strong customer service to employees, including proactive communication and education to staff
- Manage internal employee communications regarding policies & procedures, ensuring employees understand both content and rationale for ANet policies (e.g., vacation rollover, etc.)
- Maximize employees' experience and satisfaction with ANet's benefits; maintain a “finger on the pulse” of people's experience of ANet's policies
- Anticipate needs of managers related to HR and work with the MD, Talent Development to proactively ensure managers are clear and armed with relevant information regarding ANet benefits, policies, and systems
- Respond directly to employee-related questions and concerns, including employee relations and interpersonal conflicts, coordinating across the Managing Director, Talent Development, Vice President, Talent, and ANet legal counsel as needed
- Build and maintain a manager resource page so ANet managers have a user-friendly “one stop shop” for accessing resources and information
Evaluate ANet's policies and people systems and recommend and implement efficiencies
- Through close partnership with ANet's Change Team and Equity Team, ensure HR systems, processes, and policies embody ANet's goal to be a diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist organization
- With support from the VP, Talent, evaluate the marketplace of policies and benefits, including peer organizations, and make recommendations for how ANet remains market competitive with our total rewards package
- With support, survey the needs for our internal people data systems (i.e., HRIS), investigate available solutions, and make recommendations for software to meet our organizational needs
- Improve existing coordination systems with Recruitment & Staffing Support, Finance, and IT Team members to ensure a seamless onboarding/transitions/offboarding experience for team members
- Determine ongoing policy changes that will increase employee satisfaction and drive equitable outcomes, engage and invest relevant stakeholders, and manage updates/amendments for ANet's Employee Handbook
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You bring at least 3-5 years experience supporting an HR function for an organization with a demonstrated commitment to people's positive experience of benefits, policies, procedures and managing sustainable systems for a growing organization
- You have knowledge of HR-related policies and how they are applied in a values-aligned organization and have developed and implemented HR policies, trainings, etc. with an eye for how they advance equity
- You bring a proactive customer-service orientation, with a particular ability to quickly and accurately understand the needs of others and flexibly provide effective and efficient service
- You are able to understand, influence, and motivate others, including in sensitive or challenging circumstances
- You are adept at communicating information clearly with others, including through trainings and policy writing
- You have a careful attention to detail and a passion for strong, consistent execution
- You are able to design and maintain data systems that allow HR-related data to be used to drive decisions across the organization
- You are able to diagnose and define critical challenges and opportunities, make sound recommendations, and problem solve effectively through teamwork and collaboration
- You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
WHAT WE OFFER
- You have SHRM-CP or comparable certification
- Experience managing HR across multiple sites and states
- Experience effectively implementing an HRIS
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/prf9zj9nd7cqnx6p
$60k - 65k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert