Koya Leadership Partners
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
Postal code: 60606
Country: United States
Koya Leadership Partners is an executive search and advising firm that leads mission-driven searches. We partner with nonprofits, colleges and universities, social enterprise organizations and purpose-driven companies in local communities and around the world. We have been serving clients for 15 years.
Koya has been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 of America’s Best Executive Recruiting Firms. Koya is the highest-ranking boutique firm serving mission-driven clients. Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, has received numerous accolades for her role as a high-impact women business leader. Among other articles, Koya’s work has been profiled on the cover of Crain’s Chicago Business for its impact in Chicago and nationally, noting that that Koya’s recruiters in Chicago are “remaking what leadership looks like across the country.”
Our national team of over 80 hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the mission-driven sector. Many of our senior recruiters have chosen to move their practices to Koya from global executive recruiting firms including Heidrick & Struggles, Korn Ferry, Russell Reynolds Associates, Spencer Stuart, among others. Our combined experience provides us with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
Our clients come to Koya — and return — for the ‘gold standard’ in executive search. The leaders we place are widely viewed as top talent in their fields. Selected Chicago clients include the Art Institute of Chicago, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Obama Foundation, the Red Cross, the United Way of Metro Chicago, the Boys and Girls Clubs, the Museum of Science & Industry, and the Adler Planetarium.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates. Our founding philosophy, “the right person in the right place can change the world”, guides our work with clients across the country and around the world.
Our commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed. Koya is a place where staff members are developed professionally. They are also empowered through Koya programs to support causes that matter most to them personally.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are deeply held values at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we have placed are executives of color and over two-thirds are women.
Koya Chicago’s offices are led by Alison Ranney, Partner and located downtown in the historic Civic Opera Building. A recent expansion added a conference wing, allowing us to provide a convening space and high level of service for our clients.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
Koya is currently seeking to hire a full-time Principal to join our dynamic Chicago office.
Principals are experienced recruiters and project managers. At Koya, a Principal is responsible for managing all aspects of the executive search process, including working closely with senior level client leaders in to understand their needs and then leverage the intellectual capital and research resources of Koya to identify top talent.
Principals are strategic, persistent and entrepreneurial in their focus on a spectrum of search responsibilities, including client lead generation and pitch preparation; client needs assessment and understanding client culture and values; development of search timeline and search launch process; development and selection of a pipeline of candidates for a wide portfolio of searches through sourcing, rigorous selection process and superior client management.
An effective Principal will approach every client engagement as a steppingstone to a long-term partnership and ensure the highest level of quality and service delivery. Principals are responsible for upholding Koya’s search methodology and commitment to customer service and thought leadership. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and passion for recruiting. Demonstrated success in project management and excellent communication skills are a must.
At Koya, our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients while upholding our own values and culture. We have found that the most successful Principals are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are excited at the idea of working with many kinds of searches simultaneously as well as playing an integral role on internal search teams.
As Principals progress at Koya, their travel increases and can be approximately 20%.
The responsibilities of a Principal include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all aspects of a portfolio of quality-driven executive searches;
- Consistently delivering extraordinarily high levels of client service, including thought partnership, accessibility and the timely delivery of all search-related deliverables;
- Engaging key client stakeholders in needs assessment process in order develop a deep understanding of each client’s unique culture and needs; then applying that knowledge to candidate sourcing strategies and assessments;
- Serving in a consultative role to clients regarding strategic hiring decisions and organizational development;
- Leading internal search team to develop and execute search-specific strategies and ensuring that Koya meets service-level agreements on timeframe and deliverables;
- Collaborating with operations and research staff to oversee sourcing, interviewing and assessment of high-quality candidates and ensuring that all candidates have a positive experience with Koya;
- Cultivating and stewarding high-level candidates through the selection process;
- Participating in internal projects to develop best-in-class recruiting services and products and identifying opportunities to maximize efficiencies and deepen team impact;
- Consistently meeting benchmarks and metrics for search efficiency and quality; and
- Building and leveraging Koya’s candidate and client database through targeted research, outreach and ongoing relationship management.
Qualities, Skills & Characteristics:
Desired Professional and Personal Qualities, Skills and Characteristics
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in recruiting, human resources, or related field;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish dynamic and trust-based partnerships with clients and candidates;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Proven ability to self-direct and take initiative;
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated client management success;
- Strong people management skills, the ability to motivate others and hold them accountable for high expectations;
- Ability to multi-task with excellent attention to detail;
- Innate customer service orientation and a desire to do right by clients, candidates, and colleagues;
- Desire to work in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor;
- An intuitive understanding of people and their motivations;
- A natural inclination for developing strong relationships and networks;
- A true commitment to building a strong mission-driven sector; and
- Desire to be part of a hardworking, collaborative, fun and values-driven team.
Compensation & Benefits:
Koya provides an exceptional benefits package to all employees. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive four weeks of Personal Time Off and two additional weeks off for firm-wide closures in August and December. Koya also offers a professional development stipend, quarterly cell phone reimbursement and an annual fitness reimbursement. Koya’s “Passion Project” stipend supports the opportunity for all employees to increase their personal philanthropic efforts and contribute to the nonprofit cause of their choosing. The Principal role is a full-time, exempt role based in Koya’s Chicago office.Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone. We encourage interest from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, men and LGBT applicants.
Koya Leadership Partners is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To learn more, make a recommendation or express interest, contact Tameka Horner of Koya at [email protected] or (617) 401-7809. Interested candidates may submit a Letter of Interest and resume here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert