Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Information Services/Technology
Primary domain: Foundation/Grantmaking
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
$10M - $20M
The Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation is a global venture philanthropy firm supporting early stage, high impact social enterprises. We find, fund and support exceptional social entrepreneurs with three years of unrestricted funding and partner with them to help them reach their full potential and build their organizations to scale during a three-year grant period.
Since starting in 2002, we have invested in more than 150 social entrepreneurs operating both domestically and internationally in a wide variety of issue areas. Our entrepreneurs are making lasting change in the world and our portfolio reflects some of the most impactful new organizations in the social sector: Kiva, Room to Read, GrassRoots Soccer, One Acre Fund, Last Mile Health, Food Corps, EducationSuperHighway, Crises Text Line, Essie Justice Group and many others.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Systems Administrator will play a critical role in supporting the operations of the Foundation. The SA should have experience as an administrator for a range of modern software and hardware technologies and have the desire to ensure our colleagues have the right tools and knowledge to thrive in their roles. The SA will also support on other operational and administrative projects and processes, such as office administration and new employee onboarding. This role is ideal for someone with 2-5 years experience working with a Salesforce and a range of other technology systems.
- Staff support: Ensure world-class support for DRK's global team of 30 staff through technology, communications, and continual process improvement. Roll out new systems improvements and processes, and provide hands-on coaching as needed.
- Manage and improve systems: Continually make crucial improvement projects and administer the Foundation's information systems, including Salesforce, Google Apps, Concur, and Lever. Work closely with outsourced Salesforce support to customize and build reports, dashboards, workflows, and objects. Be the internal lead on infrastructure upgrade projects performed by the Foundation's IT services provider.
- Provide reporting for programming and operations: Work closely with the Deal Team to ensure they have access to timely, accurate information during diligence and grantee support. Support fundraising processes through Salesforce. Build data collection and analyses as needed.
- Support and coordinate key operational responsibilities: Support new hire logistics, facilities upgrades, office management, and other key ongoing responsibilities.
- Support other projects and Foundation operations: Under direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, work closely with multiple teams to support a range of projects, such as deal diligence, vendor management, hiring, and fundraising activities. Be on the lookout for improvements.
Ideally you are:
- Excited about making social change by supporting DRK colleagues and grantees working in the field
- Friendly, empathetic, open to feedback, a team player and a great communicator
- Detail-oriented, professional, and technologically savvy
- Experienced in Salesforce (preferably as an administrator) and other cloud-based systems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, professional setting
- Technology-friendly, interested in learning new systems, and willing to hunt down answers
- A college graduate (bachelor's degree) and have either a CPA or MBA
- Able to work from our Menlo Park office 1-2 days per week
Compensation and benefits summary: Competitive annual salary depending on experience; full health insurance and HSA deposit by employer; 401k deposit; and other benefits. The Foundation offers three weeks’ paid time off and a generous holiday schedule, including two weeks’ office closure at year-end.
The position is located in San Francisco, CA, with expectation of working 1-2 days per week in Menlo Park, CA. Start date is flexible.
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://jobs.lever.co/drkfoundation/063b6422-a87c-4c27-88fa-01e31fea67e3
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert