Manager of Individual Giving and Campaigns
Sheltering Arms NY
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
At Sheltering Arms, our goal is to foster a society where every child and family we serve will have the opportunity to succeed and thrive. We address the effects of social inequity in the most challenged communities in New York City. Our innovative programs and compassionate services measurably enhance the education, well-being, and development of children, their families, and communities. We have maintained an unwavering commitment to our mission since 1831.
Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
The Manager of Individual Giving and Campaigns leads our fundraising, cultivation, and mobilization activities for individuals. As a member of the Development and Communications team, you’ll be the lead strategy architect and agent for all activities related to individual and corporate donors and prospects.
As Manager of Individual Giving and Campaigns, you’ll work directly with the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and be responsible for managing and executing a comprehensive individual and corporate giving strategy as well as leading campaigns that build our base of supporters and our brand as a whole. This includes being the lead on our annual fundraising gala and engaging the relevant partners to make the event a success. You’ll work closely with our entire External Affairs team in order to impact the overall trajectory of our fundraising, branding, and public awareness efforts.
Job Description: The Development and Communications team at Sheltering Arms fuels the growth and impact of the organization through fundraising, branding, marketing, and volunteer management initiatives. We’re a growing team with a strong belief in life-transforming results for our communities and an ongoing desire to innovate, improve, and enjoy the journey. You’re a good fit for our team if you also believe in:
- Using the power of storytelling to inspire donor engagement
- Giving supporters a stake in the future of our organization
- The power of word of mouth and advocacy
- Strategic cultivation as a tool for long term success
- Donor cultivation and management:
- Working with the Chief Development Officer, developing and implementing an individual and corporate giving strategy for the organization.
- Creating cultivation and stewardship plans for all priority prospects and donors.
- Oversee the execution of the annual gala, including sponsorship strategy, Board of Directors engagement, and event operations.
- Ensuring pathways for growth by identifying prospects through research, discussions with existing donors, and strategic prospecting to find new supporters for our work.
- Partner with the External Affairs Associate to develop and lead our corporate relationships and Young Professionals Committee.
- Serve as the lead relationship manager for select individual donors.
- Support and provide the tools to the CEO, CDO, and Board of Directors in their solicitation and stewardship efforts.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create campaigns that generate short- and long-term revenue.
- Manage our existing individual giving campaigns (i.e. annual appeal, gala, holiday drive) and develop methods for increasing their output and efficiency.
- Demonstrated success with revenue generating campaigns, which can range from traditional (i.e. annual appeals) to non-traditional (i.e. online crowdfunding). You need to have a proven ability to move donors through the lifecycle of prospect – cultivate – solicit – steward.
- Large-scale event management experience; including sponsorship and honoree cultivation, guest lists, ticket sales management, strategic programming, and overall day-of operations.
- Your skill set and personality traits closely align with those necessary for effective relationship management: organized, determined, and creative
- Proven knowledge of the New York philanthropic community
- Dedication and passion for social change, with a clear commitment to our mission of transforming lives for families and communities in need.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, and at least five years of related experience in development.
$90k - 100k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on the organization's website through the link:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert