Managing Director, Social Services
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 10005
State: New York
Country: United States
The Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty is the voice of the Jewish poor and the first line of defense for its community’s needy. It fights poverty through comprehensive social services and treats every individual with dignity and respect, regardless of race, ethnicity or religion. Met Council was founded in 1972 following the publication of studies that reported that hundreds of thousands of Jewish New Yorkers were living in poverty.
Today, Met Council provides comprehensive social services to aid, sustain, and empower more than 225,000 New York seniors, adults and families living in poverty and near-poverty. Met Council provides immediate assistance to New Yorkers in crisis and creates pathways to self sufficiency through: America’s Largest Kosher Food Pantry System, Emergency Social Services, Family Violence Services, Free Home Repairs, Benefits Enrollment & Outreach, Senior Services, Holocaust Survivor Program and Affordable Housing. Met Council’s network of sixteen Jewish Community Councils help people in their neighborhoods—right where they live.
Under the leadership of David Greenfield, Met Council is flourishing, developing innovative programming to deepen and strengthen the organization’s impact. To support this growth, Met Council is expanding its team of senior leaders and seeks a Managing Director, Social Services.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Office, the Managing Director, Social Services (MD) will provide oversight and supervision for all social service and anti-poverty programs. The MD will work with program directors to assure services are being delivered efficiently and effectively with a trauma-informed practice lens. He or She will also supervise program directors and assure grant deliverables are met within budget, and work with senior leadership to develop mission driven program expansion and innovation.
- Supervise and guide program directors to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to clients.
- Assure grant compliance and program deliverables are met.
- Assure reports are accurate, well-written and submitted on time.
- Work with the Data department to ensure program data is adequately tracked and stored.
- Work with senior leadership to maintain and create mission driven services.
- Arrange professional development and training opportunities for Social Service staff.
- Develop program budgets and contract deliverables with the Fiscal department.
- Leadership, organization, client focus, ethics and integrity in approach to interventions, professional knowledge and expertise, adaptability and flexibility, planning and organizing.
- The ability to make timely, informed decisions that take into account goal constraints and risks.
- The ability to manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Strategic thinker, ability to think outside the box.
- LCSW, SIFI eligible
- 5-10 years experience in Social Services
- 5-10 years in a supervisory role
- Fluent in English
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office and other software programs
- Strong working knowledge of Public Benefit Systems
- Experience with designing, implementing, and managing a Call Center
- Experience with designing, implementing, and managing a One Stop Shop of Services for Clients
- Required Constantly: Walking, sitting, grasping, bending, stooping, squatting, computer input, finger dexterity and coordination of hand, eye, and foot
- Required Frequently: Standing and climbing stairs; carrying laptop & files (approx. 8-10 lbs)
- Required Occasionally: Reaching above the shoulder, and lifting 5-25 pounds, pushing and pulling
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation, personal and sick time; and 401(k) are offered.
This position description is based upon material provided by the Met Council, an equal opportunity employer.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply to this position please visit: http://drgsearch.com/current-searches/?rpid=217414&postid=0Ll9CQvh8t8&webapp=1
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert