Director of Marketing and Communications
National Dance Institute
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Arts, Culture and Humanities
City: New York
Postal code: 10039
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
National Dance Institute (NDI) was founded in 1976 by New York City Ballet principal dancer
Jacques d’Amboise, and leads the field of arts education with a model program that has been
studied and replicated worldwide.
At the root of NDI’s methodology is the belief that the arts have a unique power to engage children of every background, ability, and socio-economic position, and motivate them toward excellence in an environment of inclusivity. Led by Traci Lester and under the artistic direction of Ellen Weinstein, we utilize dance and music to instill in students a love of the arts, a passion for learning, and a desire to strive for their personal best. Our programs also help foster the social development, global awareness, and cultural literacy of our dancers.
In 2011, NDI opened the doors to the National Dance Institute Center for Learning & the Arts on 147th Street in Harlem, allowing us to further our mission and expand our reach. The Center now serves as a beacon for children, families, teachers, and artists in the Harlem community and throughout New York City. Since our founding, NDI has impacted the lives of over two million children throughout New York City, across the United States, and around the world.
National Dance Institute (NDI) is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to work closely with our leadership team. This newly created position will help strengthen our unique voice and support strategic marketing and communications initiatives that build brand awareness, relevance, and esteem among our target audiences.
This role will successfully work across NDI to support marketing, public relations and fundraising campaigns, program initiatives and all brand communications projects. This position will report to the Executive Director.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will:
- Direct the planning and execution of marketing strategies throughout the year and ensure that goals are carried out in a timely manner;
- Oversee the management of NDI’s brand identity and ensure that all communications are on-brand;
- Integrate fundraising, marketing, and communications efforts;
- Build a cohesive and dynamic inbound and outbound email marketing strategy across departments;
- Manage the development and dissemination of all online content for NDI,including, but not limited to, the website and all social media platforms;
- Interface with partner agencies across departments, where appropriate;
- Develop and support community relations activities and thought leadership strategies;
- Participate in the annual development of a public relations plan that increases awareness of NDI’s brand, programs, and services;
- Conduct ongoing market research and use relevant stakeholder information to continuously inform NDI’s marketing and communications strategy;
- Oversee and manage the creation and dissemination of print materials, including, but not limited to, mailed newsletters, brochures, flyers, and annual reports;
- Manage the Marketing and Communications Department budget; and,
- Supervise the Communications and Brand Manager and Social Media Intern.
- 5-7 years of proven leadership in brand marketing and communications through either in-house and/or agency experience;
- Background in the arts and/or education;
- Experience in program management, budget management and reporting/metrics;
- Current knowledge of digital communications techniques, social media engagement, and content amplification;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and a focused listener able to work quickly, thoughtfully, and collaboratively;
- A hands-on collaborative style of working and a commitment to being a team player;
- Ability to influence peers and senior leaders, and to inspire, nurture, and lead team members;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; and,
- Bachelor’s degree or similar
Comprehensive benefits package.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please send resume, a cover letter with salary expectations to [email protected] Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. We will only respond to those with whom an interview is requested. No calls and no recruiters, please.
National Dance Institute is committed to building a diverse and culturally vibrant team. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we respect and value diversity and inclusion, and engage employees without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, military status, domestic violence status, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert