Managing Director of Philanthropy
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI)
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Community/Capacity Building
Postal code: 02138
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is an international non-profit organization focused on advancing inclusive society by transforming the social stigma against disability across the globe. ETI’s strategy takes a three-pronged approach of direct service programs, facilitated workshops and training, and global advocacy for the value and principles of inclusion.
ETI’s direct service programs in Lebanon focus on empowering underserved youth through life skills training and community inclusion opportunities. In the United States, Europe, and beyond, ETI is focused on developing and implementing inclusive programing for businesses, nonprofit organizations and communities, which challenge and transform mindsets about the nature of exclusion. These facilitated workshops help individuals identify and break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change, enhance creativity, and improve productivity. ETI’s Founder and CEO, Sara Minkara is a recognized disability advocate, inspiring everyone to embrace the value of inclusion.
ETI is in a rapid growth phase, with numerous short-term and long-term program and public engagement opportunities on the horizon. As such, ETI seeks an experienced, results oriented philanthropy professional who is capable of capturing, discerning and strategically actioning opportunities. Reporting directly to the COO, the Managing Director of Philanthropy will work closely with the leadership team to create, execute and evaluate all philanthropic strategies with a donor-centered philosophy to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio to support ETI’s vision.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Triages, prioritizes and strategizes current opportunities and prospect pipelines, working directly with the CEO and COO
- Executes and evaluates the organization’s philanthropy strategy to hit medium and long-term funding goals
- Stewards all ETI donors and cultivates new potential partners, including scheduling direct appointments, making weekly calls, and attending meetings to solicit funds.
- Plans and implements the foundation and corporate giving program, including building a robust pipeline of prospects.
- Leads the moves management process and pipeline for major donor cultivation, ensuring all engagement plans and cultivation strategies are implemented and on task.
- Oversees prospect research and proposal development to ensure a timely review and a deadline driven submission process
- Works directly with the CEO and COO to plan and execute national and international fundraising tours; playing a primary role in outreach and host engagement
- Maintains the suite of donor-oriented materials and works directly with the senior team to ensure their currency and relevancy
- Leads by example to ensure the development team performs required daily Salesforce management tasks and takes responsibility for the department’s documentation process
- Ensures all philanthropic reporting requirements and tax obligations are performed and exceeds donor expectations, including receipting, thank you letters, and annual reports.
- Maintains and reports monthly on the annual philanthropy budget
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of professional experience in philanthropy required.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization and to enthusiastically and successfully engage in one-on-one solicitation and ongoing donor stewardship.
- Comfort and facility with a wide range of philanthropic work, including solicitation and stewardship of individual, foundation and corporate donors, donors and potential donor cultivation and research, grant writing, and special events.
- A successful track record in executing on strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects and working effectively under pressure to achieve both individual and organizational fundraising goals.
- Thrives on ownership of tasks, is highly organized, reliable and flexible
- Ability to embrace the realities of a rapidly evolving institution, including having a “no job is too small” team attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to listen to and balance, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to ETI’s mission.
- Experience in international fundraising; Middle East preferred.
- Professional experience working in diverse cultural settings; Middle East preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, donor databases, research applications, and use of cloud based marketing and communications systems.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please send letter of interest and resume/CV directly to Ms. Branwen Cale, COO, [email protected]
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert