Fundraising and Development Analyst
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Human Services
Postal code: 01923
Country: United States
Changing lives. Discovering abilities
The Northeast Arc is a premier provider of services that help people with disabilities become full participants in the community; choosing for themselves how to live, learn, work, socialize and play. We were founded in 1954 by courageous and determined parents who wanted to ensure that their children and others with disabilities will always have every opportunity to thrive in the community. Come join one of Massachusetts' most established, innovative, and passionate organizations.
We are looking for someone who can truly identify with our mission and project the organization's passion for what we do and who we serve among the community, to join our development team as a Fundraising & Development Analyst!
Job Summary: Contributes to the qualification and identification of donor prospects as well as individuals and families receiving services. Conducts timely and effective research in support of the solicitation of gifts from individuals, foundations and corporate funding sources and maintains the accuracy and confidentiality of the donor and prospect database. Strategically identifies potential supporters of Northeast Arc and for assigning and tracking those prospects through the management process. Assists in building the Development Department's capabilities to effectively utilize research resources to support Northeast Arc’s goals and priorities to increase philanthropic support. Serves as both an internal and external ambassador for the Northeast Arc’s development efforts.
- Researches, screens and analyzes current and prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors to determine philanthropic propensity, capacity and affiliation.
- On an ongoing basis, identifies prospects by tracking and evaluating capacity for those who self-identify through their giving and/or receive or received services from Northeast Arc.
- Maintains, merges and generates reports from data generated and retained in multiple databases.
- Develops a standardized and comprehensive prospect report inclusive of individual, corporate and foundation contacts to be disseminated on a bi-weekly basis.
- Proactively identifies new prospects through researching current philanthropic trends, biographical and extensive financial data.
- Identifies funding opportunities through private foundations – yielding a minimum of 5 new proposals submitted per quarter.
- Facilitates in-person meetings for Chief Development Officer, and/or appropriate staff with individual prospects and corporate/foundation contacts.
- Uses advanced research skills to collect, evaluate, analyze, qualify, organize, package and disseminate information in a way that maximizes its usefulness and enables accurate and educated decision-making in the development of fundraising strategies.
- Proactively and continuously initiates prospecting and data-mining projects with a goal of generating a minimum of 20 new prospects per quarter.
- Participates in on-going development staff meetings and other strategy sessions.
- Prepares profiles for development staff, the leadership office, and volunteer leadership to guide cultivation strategies and support prospect visits.
- Creates concise bios for development events
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date donor information in prospect files.
- Manages, implements and documents best research practices for the department, including the use of resources and the tracking of prospects in the database.
- Responsible for tracking all submission and reporting deadlines and requirements
- Assists with development of proposals and is final reviewer to assure all required materials are included.
- Contributes to strategic planning of Development Department; including the development and continual assessment of performance metrics and benchmarks.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, Masters preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in nonprofit management/fundraising with significant experience in prospect research.
- Prior experience with data analytics, data mining/modeling, preferably in a department that utilizes and emphasizes prospect management is desired.
- High proficiency and advanced skills with online search methods, as well as online and published prospect research tools including LexisNexis, Guidestar, NOZA, Wealth Engine, Foundation Directory, and others.
- Knowledge of solicitation strategy and major gifts process and the ability to work with Development officers to help build prospect strategies.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The Northeast Arc is the largest employer on the North Shore. We are one of Massachusetts' most innovative and passionate organizations, committed to serving individuals with disabilities, families, the community, and our employees. We are a premier service provider devoted to strengthening the abilities of all.
As a Northeast Arc employee you’ll have the advantage of:
- Generous paid time off
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Continued learning, online training, and tuition reimbursement
- An opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others and the community
We are eager to receive your application and know that you’ll love being a part of the Northeast Arc team! For more information visit our website www.ne-arc.org
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply directly on our website https://ne-arc.org/about-us/join-our-team/ or using application link https://ne-arc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2vmsjof6zse
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert