The American Museum of Natural History is seeking a Senior Assistant Director for Prospect Research and Management who will report directly to the Director of Prospect Research and Management. The Senior Assistant Director will be an integral member of the Prospect Research and Management Team and will provide support for the entire Institutional Advancement Department.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compile detailed, in-depth research profiles on donors and prospects.
- Working with the Director, manage research for select Committee meetings and maintain content for associated 1-pagers and blurbs.
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity, and connections to the American Museum of Natural History.
- Working with the Director, manage, prioritize, and track departmental research requests and follow-up actions.
- With the Director, work with Gift Officers to provide recommendations on solicitation strategies, where appropriate.
- Assist Director with quarterly Gift Officer Portfolio Reviews.
- Work with the Director on the maintenance of prospect management system, including donor rating systems.
- Use data analytics to help inform the creation and modification of Gift Officer portfolios, and when developing prospect lists.
- Maintain the Research Team to-do list, including tracking research requests and follow-up actions.
- Proactively create, and subsequently maintain, prospect lists for exhibitions and special projects.
- Master the use of external informational databases including Relationship Science, Lexis Nexis, iWave, and Research Point.
- Manage Research Team and respond to urgent requests if/when Director is unavailable.
- Staff Institutional Advancement events in the evening as needed.