Fund Development Manager
The Sophia Way
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Mental Health/Crisis Intervention
Postal code: 98004
Country: United States
$1M - $3M
To help end homelessness for adult women in east King County by providing shelter, case management, social services and supportive housing; offering a path from homelessness to stable living.
The Fund Development Manager must have a strong commitment to The Sophia Way mission, the women we serve, and must enjoy working as a member of a diverse and talented team.
With the support of a Communications Manager and Donor Base Analyst, this position will oversee and manage acquisition, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for all annual fund constituencies. This includes individual giving, foundation/corporate grants and sponsorships, and faith/civic and community groups. The successful candidate will have a proven track-record of successfully developing and managing campaigns, the annual major gift program, a benefit luncheon fundraising event, and the fund development budget.
Individual and Community Giving: Manages the planning and implementation of key strategies and supporting processes/people in the successful acquisition, retention, upgrading and recognition of individuals, communities of faith and other community and civic organizations in support of TSW operational and special project goals.
Key Strategies include:
- Seasonal campaigns (s-mail, e-solicitations and personal asks) to encourage year-round giving – Revenue goal of ~ $200K
- The growth in membership and annual giving within The Sophia Way Society – Major donors of $1,200+ per year. – Revenue goal of ~ $250K
- The annual “Our Way Home” benefit luncheon – Revenue goal of ~ $340K
- Personal solicitations for special projects – Revenue TBD on annual basis
Supporting Processes/People include:
- A donor data base segmented and coded for planning and personalized appeal strategies
- A well-designed gift processing and acknowledgement system
- Strongly articulated cases for support for specific donor interests and organizational needs with correlating giving equivalencies to inspire renewing and upgraded giving
- A robust donor recognition and stewardship program
- A moves-management system to support the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts and the ability to involve key relationships in the donor development process.
- A cultivated group of leaders and centers of influence interested in chairing events and campaigns
Foundation & Corporate Giving: With the support of contract grant writers, and a revenue goal of ~ $450K:
- Manage the research, proposal writing and reporting processes for both operating and special project giving
- Develop and steward key relationships with each granting entity
- Acquire and expand sponsorship support for events, campaigns and other initiatives
Planning/Budget/Reporting: Help develop and manage the annual development budget in alignment with the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Participates in annual strategic planning with leadership team to help set annual goals
- Works with DD to set revenue targets for fund development activities
- Works with DD to set staffing and program expense budget to support goals
- Provides monthly update to DD on budget status and key program metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or 3+ years’ experience in managing and raising annual operating support of $1 million or more.
- Excellent oral & written communications and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Experience with donor database DonorPerfect™ preferred.
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Ability to identify, acquire and steward gifts from individuals and groups.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, problem solve, and work as part of a cohesive team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact diplomatically with diverse donors and groups; comfortable bridging cultural and class differences.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently.
- Concern for and capacity to relate to those we serve.
- This is a full-time, exempt, salaried (doe) position with benefits. TSW offers a flexible work environment and full time excellent benefits: medical, dental, and vision, paid time off and 9 paid holidays per year.
- Reports to the Director of Community Development or Executive Director
$65k - 75k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] in PDF or Word format
Thank you - we look forward to learning more about you and the possibilities of a career at The Sophia Way.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert