Coordinator, Stewardship Tools & Processes
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Research and Development
Primary domain: Research
City: New York
Postal code: 10001
State: New York
Country: United States
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $100 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 150 full-time employees who are based in New York City.
The Development Operations and Revenue Analytics (DORA) team is integral in helping the Michael J Fox Foundation scale. A strong DORA team drives revenue growth by reducing the time relationship managers spend on various administrative tasks, speeding up the stewardship process, and improving the experience for the donor. This role focuses on supporting general DORA team operations, new program implementation, and process improvements.
Given the Foundation’s commitment to urgency and resourcefulness, it is expected that the Coordinator’s learning curve and responsibilities will develop and deepen in a relatively short timeframe. An ideal candidate will be an approachable problem-solver who confers a sense of earnestness and customer service with constituents, teammates, and colleagues. The position will report to the Senior Associate Director, Stewardship Tools and Processes. This is an entry level position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage development research process - manage and fulfill research requests as needed; compose and/or update prospect profiles on qualified constituents; conduct weekly identification of potential prospects; manage and disseminate alerts on donors, prospects, companies
- Develop proficiency in our donor database, Salesforce, in order to become the primary resource for any database questions or requests.
- Leverage CRM and other business intelligence tools to provide operations support for digital initiatives driven by the fundraising teams.
- Assist in preparation of department mailings (gift acknowledgments, event invites, solicitation letters, and collateral pieces).
- Track and distribute incoming mail for fundraising team.
- Maintain stock of fundraising team supplies, tracking supply levels and submitting orders periodically.
- Monitor data quality dashboards to maintain quality of data related to revenue and constituents.
- Provide operational support high value stewardship events
- Provide operational support to Principal Giving team on an as needed basis.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, self-directed and approachable problem-solver who confers a sense of urgency and customer service with constituents, teammates, and colleagues.
We are looking for someone who exhibits the following qualifications and skills:
- Must be comfortable with shifting roles and responsibilities – someone who does what it takes to get the job done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate confidently and with empathy, both within the Foundation and externally.
- Extremely organized and able to think big picture while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- At home in a team environment, possessing a collaborative, interactive work style with an eagerness to learn from more experienced team members.
- A self-starting mentality with sound judgment and an ability to anticipate needs without explicit direction.
- A commitment to civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking, and work ethic.
- High EQ.
- A positive, “yes and…” mentality is a must.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software, a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific
qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
Please click on the following link. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly.
Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert