Associate Director, Email Marketing
Columbia College, Columbia University in the City of New York
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10025
State: New York
Country: United States
Columbia College Mission
A Lifetime of Learning, a World of Opportunity
At Columbia College, a uniquely designed Core Curriculum of philosophy, history, politics, literature, art, music, science and writing provides every student with a comprehensive and truly transformational understanding of modern civilization. The distinctively personal and highly interactive seminar format of the Core courses develops the essential ability for engagement in an increasingly diverse and rapidly changing world. Regardless of ensuing life choices, the Core Curriculum forms the foundation for a lifetime of continued learning.
Columbia students also have the exclusive opportunity to enhance their chosen studies through the unparalleled energy, vitality and multicultural variety of New York City. No other college in America offers students the integration of the highest level of educational excellence in a community with an incomparable offering of professional, career and life experiences.
There is no more effective and dynamic preparation for the future than studying at Columbia College in the heart of the world’s most cosmopolitan city.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing in the office of Columbia College Alumni Relations and Communications, the Associate Director of Marketing will be an integral member of the Marketing team who supports marketing strategies that inspire and engage with alumni through the programs, events and service opportunities available through the Columbia College Alumni Association and that strengthen community connections with Columbia College. This individual will support marketing priorities by managing comprehensive email campaign strategies and execution through Salesforce, thinking through marketing objectives and user journey, including integration of email with other channels. This individual will collaborate closely with fellow Marketing teammates and internal clients on content, design and strategy. Key partners include the College Alumni Relations, Events & Programs, CC Communications, and Fundraising teams along with several University partner teams across campus.
- Work with Senior Director of Alumni Marketing and client partners to support key initiatives, through email campaign planning, strategy and implementation.
- Work closely with partners and Senior Director to define campaign objectives and best approaches to meet marketing and client targets, thinking through messaging hierarchy, sequencing and frequency, segmentation, personalization and visual design.
- Help lead development of marketing plans for key initiatives, contributing to campaign strategy, design of channel mix and user journey, and execution timelines.
- Execute creation and deployment of emails through Salesforce system and applications, acting as system expert.
- Review metrics for each campaign push, updating dashboards, synthesizing key insights and recommendations to enhance future initiatives. Report on concluded campaigns, presenting results and learnings to key partners to refine work going forward.
- Manage project timelines, budget, approval process and final execution, with input and buy-in from appropriate partners.
- Support and implement enhancements that improve the marketing efficacy, customer experience and overall brand experience, driving towards enhanced outcomes.
- Partner closely with Senior Director to build a robust test and learn strategy that incorporates segmentation, personalization, a/b testing, trigger messaging, dynamic design, variable content, user journeys and more.
- Optimize use of systems, technology and other tools, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Litmus, to increase personalization, automation, and data collection of marketing campaigns to analyze macro trends that may shape overall marketing priorities.
- Manage Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, maintaining email templates, lists, files, and data in an efficient and active manner.
- Monitor industry trends, technical advancements and additional tools, documenting their possible value to Columbia College Alumni Relations and Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent required. A minimum of three to five years professional experience in a marketing or communications role with demonstrated experience and expertise in copywriting, email creation and deployment through a CRM, web and graphic design experience.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Dreamweaver is required.
**Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.**
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert