Human Resources Associate
Great Oaks Foundation
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
City: New York
Postal code: 10038
State: New York
Country: United States
$3M - $10M
The mission of the Great Oaks Foundation is to launch and support a network of charter schools that prepare students for college success through high-dosage tutoring. By design, our schools contribute to the vitality of the urban neighborhoods where they are located by attracting and creating social, human and investment capital.We currently serve scholars in New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Bridgeport, CT and Wilmington, DE.
The Human Resources Associate reports to the Chief Talent Officer, and serves as a generalist who carries out responsibilities of full -time employee relations, benefits, onboarding, recruitment, and human resources information system management at all Great Oaks locations.
Human Resources Support:
- Perform clerical tasks, including but not limited to, filing paperwork, making photocopies, scanning sensitive HR information, faxing documents, maintaining employee medical and employment files and organizing HR documents for easy access for HR staff and employees.
- Work with the Finance Department related to paid/unpaid leave, benefit deductions, and adjustments
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee and vendor requests and questions
- Maintain and update personnel files and related records
- Obtain required documentation from new hires, and enter information into the HR system
- Conduct employment and degree verifications, as well as background checks;
- Serve as liaison to employees with questions/concerns relating to employee relations and school policies and procedures
- Manage WebTime for employee time, attendance, and time offManage all external and internal statistical reporting regarding absence, lateness, vacation, warnings, probation, certification, vacancy, etc.
- Assist with conducting employee investigations
- Oversee On-boarding/Off-boarding procedures for the full life cycle of employees
- Assist with HR programs, projects, and related special events
- Assist with AmeriCorps compliance and financial audits
- Planning and leading open enrollment for benefits including organizing meetings and webinars for staff, making changes within the HRIS system, and working closely with benefit vendors
- Create and maintain detailed standard operating procedures for employee benefits
- Process and track unemployment claims
- Review and complete benefit invoice reconciliation
- Complete 403(b) retirement audits to ensure 100% compliance with program policies
- Support with benefit policy renewals
- Complete other benefit related audits, as needed
- Post and manage job openings on the school websites and external job boards;
- Schedule phone interviews, meetings, follow-ups, and appointments with potential candidates.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources Management; At least two years of experience is preferred; HR experience a plus.
Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Demonstrated strong organizational and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision, interact with employees at every level and maintain sensitive information in a confidential and discreet manner.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please visit us at: https://greatoakscharter.org/join/open-positions/?p=job%2FoCo9afw3
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert