Learning and Communications Officer
T. Rowe Price
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Education
Postal code: 21202
Country: United States
The T. Rowe Price Foundation, Inc. is committed to improving the quality of life in our community. It is a strong supporter of nonprofit organizations benefiting education, arts and culture, civic and community, and human services interests.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Foundation Learning and Communications Officer advances the goals of the T. Rowe Price Foundation by both supporting learning and evaluation organization-wide. This position works across all the Foundation’s program areas to assist in developing and executing strategies and plans toward evaluation, learning and communications so that we can achieve our operating value of doing more social impact, every year.
The Learning and Communications Officer’s role toward evaluation and learning will include responsibilities for advancing the TRP Foundation (TRPF) impact measurement efforts. The role will define a framework and help TRPF determine the right ways to measure and manage the Foundation’s impact, ensuring the widespread adoption and understanding of our impact approach both within TRPF and by external stakeholders. This position will organize, coordinate, and improve upon TRPF’s impact measurement processes, and develop new processes and measurements where needed.
Additionally, the Learning and Communications Officer’s role toward communications will include responsibilities that will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and messaging and collateral to consistently articulate the Foundation’s mission and efforts. This position, on behalf of the Foundation, will serve as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within a diverse internal and external network and constituent base.
The Learning and Communications Officer will also contribute to and help manage ongoing projects in the office of the Foundation and will be responsible for conducting a variety of research, analysis and follow-up in support of business operations. The fast paced and multi-dimensional nature of this role requires an exceptionally well-organized, proactive professional who can interact effectively with members of the foundation’s team and other staff at all levels throughout T. Rowe Price and our external partners.
Evaluation and Learning:
- Provide expertise and guidance for evaluation, measurement and other program-related assessment activities, with a goal of understanding the effectiveness of our grantmaking and other activities, demonstrating the impact of promising approaches, and informing program decision making.
- Implement and refine our evaluation framework and associated processes to integrate new Foundation activities and promising new assessment techniques as needed.
- Work with Foundation leadership and key staff members to inform an annual planning process, which includes gathering data from across the Foundation, assessing progress to date, analysis of current context and opportunities, and identification of annual priorities.
- Contribute to a culture of learning, inquiry, experimentation, understanding of and tolerance for risk, and a commitment to learning from failures.
- Collaborate with program and communications staff to synthesize lessons and findings of evaluations and other relevant assessments for sharing with the field.
- Inform all assessment and programmatic activities by staying current on emerging practices in planning, impact assessment, and learning, including new ways to assess prototyping and piloting work.
- Conduct research to build and support use of systems for evaluation data collection and analysis. Facilitate organizational wide use of data management and reporting systems.
- Ensure that all systems for evaluation data collection, management and feedback meet the Foundation’s needs.
- Manage the development and administration of data collection instruments used across organization.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an ongoing communications plan across the Foundation's internal and external audiences in collaboration with the Foundation’s team and constituents
- Lead the generation of content that engages internal and external audience segments and work with internal communication leaders and staff on deciding who, where, and when to disseminate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as managing the development, distribution, and maintenance of all collateral.
Budget and Bookkeeping: Manages general bookkeeping and budget reconciliation for the Foundation:
- Work with Finance on payment of invoices and in partnership with the appropriate TRP Foundation staff member manage vendor relationship and experience
- Against the approved annual budget, calculate variances from the budget and report on budget-to-actuals in monthly budget meetings
- Administratively maintain an orderly accounting system and within budget areas provide administrative support to management as needed
Information Flow: Manages information flow to professional(s):
- Coordinates appropriate materials for meetings, appointments and presentations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of information flow.
- Brings to the professional’s attention only those matters in which he/she needs to be informed and requires immediate attention.
Presentation & Reporting: Coordinates production of materials for internal and external meetings and presentations. Information may be complex, cyclical, sensitive and/or confidential in nature and requires an in-depth knowledge of specific policies, processes, and procedures.
- Involves initial editing, drafting and proofing; may be called upon as a subject matter expert to assist others with technical questions and training needs.
- Often requires advanced PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Graphics skills.
- Applies TRP brand guidelines, corporate policy and preferences to presentation decks, kits and related meeting materials.
- College degree and 1 year of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 3 years related work experience, or
- Depth and breadth of knowledge of evaluation and communications as represented by increasing responsibility for design, implementation, and management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to distill and explain complex concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to involve and work collaboratively and effectively with peers in joint and shared efforts
- Organization savvy and superlative interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Highly developed and demonstrated project management skills.
- An ability to perform effectively under pressure and to practice strong organizational skills when faced with multiple time-sensitive priorities.
- Understanding of the technical areas of impact, evaluation and communications in the social impact arena
- High emotional intelligence and awareness of how to navigate power imbalances
- Experience working with racially and ethnically diverse and low-income communities.
- Knowledge of both philanthropy and community development
- Understanding of capacity building, organizational development and strengthening nonprofit and community-based organizations.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website: https://troweprice.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/TRowePrice/job/Baltimore-MD/Learning-and-Communications-Officer_41081.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert