Fiscal Management Associates, LLC.
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Other
City: New York
Postal code: 11768
State: New York
Country: United States
Fiscal Management Associates, LLC. (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. We partner with our nonprofit and philanthropic clients to help them attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement, and at the core of every project we deliver is our commitment to developing strong and trusting relationships between funders and their grantees.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of race, age, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation. Our team works with leaders who are organizing youth movements, fighting against racial and gender inequities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
FMA is seeking a full-time Senior Consultant based in the New York City area to deliver professional services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial accounting professional who wants to leverage their nonprofit expertise outside of the standard accounting industry and become immediately productive working with clients both locally and virtually (after initial training on FMA products and services). The Senior Consultant will be located in the New York City area and will collaborate with project teams virtually using remote access technology - as well as in-person through periodic travel to the Bay Area, New England and other locations as needed.
Responsibilities vary based on engagements and client needs and require an independent and multi-talented professional with solid nonprofit financial management expertise and a consulting mindset. Duties may include any of the following:
- Develop and maintain current and potential/new client relationships, including relationships with collaborative partner organizations, CPA firms and direct service providers.
- Supervise and lead client and FMA staff through training, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Provide senior level financial management services (including controller-level responsibilities for specific clients), month end review, audit support, budget development, cash flow planning and financial system implementation.
- Support leadership teams and Board of Directors in making financial decisions including presenting analysis and findings and effectively communicating complicated financial information to a variety of audiences, who have varying levels of financial literacy.
- Assist in complying with new nonprofit financial reporting and disclosure standards.
- Oversee grant compliance to include billing, budgeting, accounting, and compliance reporting with private, federal, state agencies (while recognizing restrictions and advising accordingly)
- Analyze current processes, systems, and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure best accounting practices and keeps abreast of changing regulatory environments.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting (MPA, MBA, CPA preferred)
- 7+ years demonstrated accounting experience (Public Accounting experience a plus) with niche focus on nonprofit and/or government
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and nonprofit accounting principles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel expertise
- Knowledge of New York nonprofit community strongly preferred
- Grant management and knowledge of government funding preferred
- Training and prior supervisory/management experience a plus
- Must be collaborative, proactive, independent and flexible - and adapt easily to changing client needs
- Self-directed purposeful professional who can organize their time and independently prioritize their work
Our employees are encouraged and supported as they develop a broad range of skills through customized professional development and ongoing mentoring. We offer a highly collaborative environment, career enhancing work, competitive compensation, and full benefits.
FMA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services, and our community. Come join us.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Apply in the following website: https://fma.applytojob.com/apply/ey0sC5u0K1/Senior-Consultant
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert