Chief Executive Officer
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Advocacy/Social Action
City: Location is open
Postal code: 92868
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
The mission of Willow International is to end human trafficking at its source: Uganda. Through survivor care, government reform, and global partnerships, Willow believes it can erase this plague and restore hope to millions of victims across the globe.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be responsible for the leadership of the organization to include strategic planning, organizational development and management, fundraising, budgeting, and fiscal management. The CEO will be a global influencer and thought leader, championing and shaping agendas surrounding human trafficking.
Set and lead the strategy development for the organization, execute on the vision and align stakeholders to bring Willow International to its next stage of growth and impact.
- Lead the organization to increase the prioritization and financing of anti-trafficking efforts on a global scale, helping Willow International to grow in new and existing areas, deepen the impact of the services they deliver, and partner with governments and other implementers to continue to positively impact the victims and legislation.
- Support increasing the organization's partnerships and presence to serve more individuals.
- Foster an organization that has at its core a culture of professional excellence, collaboration, respect, and inclusiveness while nurturing and supporting all members of the team.
- Lead and implement a performance management and staff development process that optimizes capabilities of staff and addresses the evolving needs of the organization, including performance appraisal, compensation, and training.
- Working in partnership with the Founder and Managing Director of Programs and the Board, lead a strategy to expand Willow's programs to increase its reach and impact.
- In partnership with the Founder and Managing Director of Programs, initiate, cultivate and maintain partnerships critical to Willow's programmatic work and mission.
- Lead grant-writing and fundraising efforts from all sources.
- As an external ambassador of the organization, represent Willow International to external constituencies. This includes both formal and informal presentations such and making speeches and attending conferences and other meetings as necessary.
Business Operations/Financial Management
- Build and codify internal systems and infrastructure for scalable growth.
- Provide effective administration of Willow's operations, including Finance, Development, Human Resources, and Programs. Manage all staff and set annual goals, conduct performance evaluations annually and set compensation.
- Oversee the fiscal integrity of the organization, including submitting tot he Board a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Provide strong fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintains a positive financial position.
- Develop and implement measurement metrics to track the success and impact of programs.
- Develop and implement a CRM platform to track all fundraising efforts and partner engagements.
- Develop and manage a dashboard as a tool to report to the Board, program staff, and funders on program progress.
- Provide timely and meaningful information to the Board of Directors to support the decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Partner with the Board and program staff on strategic planning efforts and oversee the implementation of strategic planning recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with the board and program staff on program improvements and program expansion into new regions and countries.
- Work with the Board in developing a board member recruitment strategy to increase the fundraising capacity, racial diversity and geographic representation of the Board.
- At least three years as an executive director or chief executive or five years in a senior management role of a nonprofit organization that is focused on human services.
- Experience in overseeing the financial health and scaling of an organization, exhibiting fiscal responsibility and sustainability.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial success transforming and bringing initiatives or organizations to scale.
- Management experience, including cultivating talent and fostering a culture of collaboration.
- Experience in hiring, supervising, and growing a highly proficient, talented and diverse staff to support the vision of the organization.
- Desire to promote staff and volunteer development and education and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills as a public speaker and writer. Communicates with transparency, openness, and integrity.
- Proven expertise in developing and managing budgets of similar or larger sizes.
- Experience working with and developing a board to shepherd an organization through a phase of growth and impact.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree and/or other graduate degree is preferred,
Willow offers competitive benefits.
$140k - 155k
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please provide a cover letter and resume in confidence to [email protected]
Posted By: Blueridge Advisors LLC
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert