Associate Director of Development
Lollipop Theater Network
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Primary domain: Healthcare
City: Los Angeles
Postal code: 90036
Country: United States
Since June 2002, LOLLIPOP has been dedicated to bringing the magic of movies currently in theaters to children (ages 2-20) confined to hospitals due to chronic or life-threatening illnesses. Debuting at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NYC, LOLLIPOP has now screened over 400 films, TV series and movies, in addition to hosting the LOLLIPOP Rhythm of Hope® music program, movie themed arts and crafts, and special celebrity visits to more than 18 states nationally.
LOLLIPOP’s mission allows pediatric patients a small dose of normal, everyday life which can help give them the strength and inspiration they need to keep fighting.
LOLLIPOP recently had their first $1M fundraising year. In response to this success, the Associate Director of Development (AD) has been created to ensure the organization’s continued growth. This position is an incredible opportunity to be a part of a small (three person) and highly impactful team.
They will report directly to the Executive Director and Co-Founder Evelyn Iocolano, work closely with the Board of Directors and Advisory Board, as well as the LOLLIPOP Program Coordinator. The intention for the AD position is to eventually grow into the Director of Development, when the time is appropriate.
Serving as the senior development officer, the AD is responsible for co-creating and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy. This involves building new relationships while nurturing and growing current ones with individuals, foundations and corporations, through annual events and one-on-one relationships to advance the organization's mission on a broader national level.
The AD will have the opportunity to transform LOLLIPOP by being entrepreneurial, proactive and goal oriented. This position involves building and managing their own portfolio while also supporting the Executive Director’s philanthropic partnerships to leverage the organization’s potential for growth.
- Responsible for helping to build a structured fundraising program drawing on best practices from the profession.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, the AD will plan, organize and direct all of LOLLIPOP’s fundraising initiatives.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts from individuals and institutions.
- Work closely with high level board members and volunteers.
- Maintain a regular schedule of visits to individuals, corporations and other entities to meet monthly and annual metrics.
- Key role in obtaining sponsorships and supporting volunteers to raise funds for at least two key annual fundraising events.
- Because of the size and scope of LOLLIPOP, there will be other duties as needed.
A successful candidate for the position of Associate Director of Development should have the following:
- Track record of personally identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors at the $1,000 - $250,000 range, both individuals and institutions; ideally at a small non-profit or health care organization.
- Experience working with high profile Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Special events fundraising (identifying sponsors , soliciting gifts and other revenue generating opportunities).
- Entrepreneurial work ethic, desire to build and lead a growing program, and go-getter attitude.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills in order to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in fundraising or similar field.
- Knowledge of NEON or other fundraising databases.
- Ability to travel and occasionally work on evenings and weekends.
LOLLIPOP offers a competitive salary and healthcare benefits.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Before submitting your materials, please read them over for accuracy. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate has been selected.
All inquiries will be held in confidence.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert