HR Operations & Data Manager
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Human Resources/Recruiting
Primary domain: Education
City: San Francisco
Postal code: 94105
Country: United States
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students.
This individual must thrive in a dynamic environment working collaboratively across HR functions, operations and technology to achieve significant business improvements in 3 key areas:
- Elevated HR Services and Employee Satisfaction
- Improved Productivity and Increased HR Capacity
- Impactful HR Reporting and Analytics
System & Process Administration
Develop, refine and manage the system and process infrastructure that enables the Talent Team to effectively support KIPP Foundation’s talent objectives.
- Maximize the functionality of the all HR systems (HRIS, ATS, etc.), including data integrity, integration with Finance and IT systems, and day to day functionality.
- Develop and maintain systems and tools that support all areas of Talent Team operations including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Total Rewards, Performance Management and other functional areas.
- Create and refine optimized workflows and automation strategies that maximize efficiency.
- Develop and maintain systems and tools that support automation, consistent workflow, etc.
Provide guidance and assistance for employees and managers on core HR policies and processes.
- Function as the subject matter expert for all HR transactions and business processes, advising employees and managers on HR business practices, employment practices, legal compliance, company policies, etc.
- Manage all day-to-day transactions and employee inquiries, such as background screening, benefit enrollment, system activation/deactivation, employee onboarding/offboarding, training compliance and unemployment.
- Develop and maintain communication materials and strategies that arm KIPP Foundation employees with the information needed to fully capitalize on all of the organization’s employee offerings.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to employee inquiries.
Manage the work flows, transactions, reporting, and record keeping aspects of our people function, and lead HR projects and initiatives.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, including completion of mandatory reporting.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and simplify cyclical HR projects for ease of execution and seamless employee experience.
- Maintain the employee handbook and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures.
- Systems Thinking
- Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Detail Orientation
- Change Management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources and/or data analytics (or related field)
- Deep knowledge of California employment law
- Hunger to dive into interesting problems and develop creative solutions
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to operate independently and in a team, handle ambiguity, and take on open-ended problems
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility across all levels of the company
- Integrity and willingness to give and accept feedback
This position will be located in our San Francisco office.
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. KIPP also offers a comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and Paid Time Off, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, please click on this link.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert