Standup for Kids Orange County
Position Type: Full-Time (Paid)
Function: Business Development
Primary domain: Human Services
City: Santa Ana
Postal code: 92705
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
STANDUP FOR KIDS (SUFK), founded in 1990, is a national non-profit organization committed to ending the cycle of youth homelessness.
Responsible for revenue generation and successful implementation of multiple campaigns through fundraising and grant writing. Works closely with the executive leadership, enlisting the support of volunteers, administers and manages the development and implementation of all fundraising for the program.
Description: The Fundraising Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing all organizational fundraising efforts.
- Work with Executive Director to determine fundraising priorities.
- Assist in developing a master plan for fundraising events at StandUp For Kids.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the mission and programs to promote and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of fundraising, donor cultivation, solicitation, and public relations.
- Manage the creation of promotional efforts and materials to increase funding.
- Organize donor recognition to ensure that donors are appreciated, ensure that thank you notes and tax donation receipts are sent to donors.
- Supervise donor database management, information retrieval, and analysis. Prepare appropriate reports.
- Develop efficient and effective processes to improve current and prospective donor tracking, including but not limited to documenting donor communications, and acknowledging and reporting donations.
- Create a prospect research program to locate and use publicly available resources for identifying prospective donors for each donor segment appropriate to the fundraising campaigns.
- Update the donor database with current information.
- Prepare monthly development reports regarding fundraising goals and initiatives, and progress to the Executive Director.
- Work with Executive Director for budget and reporting, events, monthly reports, and annual reports.
- Establish and maintain superior stakeholder relations.
- Synthesize information from a variety of sources into a compelling and persuasive narrative for grants.
- Identify and negotiate significant in-kind sponsorships and partnerships for programs and projects.
- Track student graduates to share their successes to encourage annual giving.
- Recruit, train, and develop volunteers for various fundraising events.
- For annual gift campaign: provide organizational and administrative leadership; manage, organize, grow; set and meet annual goals and targets
- Provide regular updates to the staff and community about the status of all fundraising efforts.
- Establish and meet goals, with input from Executive Director, in quantifiable metrics.
- Writes and submits grant proposals.
- Sponsorship proposals: Researches prospect’s needs, concerns, and objectives to develop and sell sponsorship proposals.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Passion for and commitment to the StandUp For Kids mission and guiding values
- 3-5 years Experience in fundraising, grant writing, and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant contributions
- Experience with donor database management,
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Creativity and vision for growth
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Personal computers, peripherals, and media equipment
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, and CRM preferably Bloomerang
- Typical office equipment
- Clear background check screening
- Bachelor’s degree
Job Type: Full-time
401K, PTO, Medical Stipend
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirement and a sample proposal or appeal letter to the [email protected] Email subject line should read “Development Manager.”
To receive targeted job listings like this one by e-mail please create a job alert